Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in creating users and assigning roles in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I am using a script to create and assig roles to users in portal.

i can create user,if i add role name in script script fails.

my requirement is

1) create users

2)user type will be Tecnical

3)assign role to them.

pasting the script which im using.

Need assistance

[User]

uid=OTS_TEST1000

last_name=OTS

first_name=1000

accessibility=0

password=dxy@1234

role=

group=

16 REPLIES 16

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> script fails.

Maybe one of the scripting forums is frequented by members with psychic abilities....

Which scripting language are you using? The pasted lines do not make any sense to me. It almost looks like a requirement-dump and those make me itch in strange locations......

0 Kudos

Hello,

That was not my requirement dump, any ways i will figure it out,

and i cannnot help with your ITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Jurjen's itch aside, there really isn't enough information in your post to let us even start to help you.

Someone here might be able to help if you take the time to give some background info to put it into a meaningful context.

0 Kudos

Hi,

>and i cannnot help with your ITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, then post understandable questions because you don't seem to understand your own requirement.

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

It sounds like Jurjen's itch is spreading. It's the first SDN virus

0 Kudos

> It sounds like Jurjen's itch is spreading.

At least the word gets around. Thanks for scratching

@Prasant: Don't take this to personally. It's not about you but about the way your question was phrased. That leaves to many new questions for anyone trying to help. The information in the question isn't enough.

Better try a step by step approach in your question and explain where and what went wrong. If I'm able to help I surely will but that does require some effort on your behalf.

Let's see if we can all right this thread in a constructive way.

Happy posting!

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hello,

No problem SIR, may what was my requirement i have not put appopriate words to it.

My require ment is.

Create User in portal user management engine and change them to tecnical type and assign role to them,

So i am using a file where i fill all details and go to import and upload that file.

Now if i type role name then it not allowing to create user also, i got solution for that,bcoz typing role name it does not understand ,we need to give full addrees for that role.

i am still struck with user type

All users are created and roles are assigned now.

But in security policy users type is Default and i nedd all users should be Tecnical Users

Would there be a way where we can convert 100 0r 200 user for Default to Tecnical user?

Thanks,

Prasant K paichha

0 Kudos

Jurjen,

If you are able to understand this new explanation of the requirement : Hats off !

Olivier

0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement has norrowed down,

in Simple

i need to change Default user to Tecnical user in SAP portal.

,i can do it maually for each user,

i need to now is there any way for mass maintainance in SAP portal.

Thanks,

Prasant K paichha

0 Kudos

> i am still struck with user type

Have you considered that there might not be such a thing as user type in the Java system (EP) and that no one can find it, anywhere, ever?

>bcoz

I elso u-nst'd ths wrd, butt nly bcoz i hv sin 't uzzied b4.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

> If you are able to understand this new explanation of the requirement : Hats off !

Thanks, but you can keep it on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

The others seem irritated by the vagueness of the question. In the development forums there have been worse flamewars than this when someone posts a requirement and expects the code in return. Normally I just delete the whole lot, but perhaps you still want to explain what you are doing here.

But before that, perhaps you want to consider "why" you should not do this...

a) Those users would most likely already exist in your AD with an AD password already.

b) Those users might possibly all be ABAP users "somewhere" (your options are typically wide...) and have a password there already.

c) No need to hardcode the password.

d) No need to create Java roles, necessarily.

If you provide more detailed information of what you would like to achieve here, and considering that it has been done before... then I will move this to the portal administration for you.

Though they might also react unexpectedly, so perhand try a search first.

Hope that helps and no hard feelings.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

it isn't 'user type' I believe its the 'Security Policy' field You want to manipulate. The words 'script 'and 'usertype ' confused everybody. I think You edited the message having ABAP system on your mind while asking a portal question.

You have to think about why would You need your users to use 'Technical users' security policy. I believe that policy is for Technical users and not for your regular users. I think You are trying to skip the 'default' Security policy for your users because it has all restrictions on the passwords. if that's the case You should be thinking about changing the entries in your default security policy itself and not the security policy on the userID. It doesn't look right. I think You are going on a wrong direction.

0 Kudos

Perhaps "What is the format for the import function?" would have been less misleading... and more searchable?

@ Prasant: Is that what you are trying to do here? For users in the Java DB with Java Security roles?

IMO the easiest thing to do here is to point the user store to the AD or an ABAP system in config. This is also much easier to audit in my opinion, as long as you don't have a "wild jungle" of admin going on in the portal - because there you only see the mapped role name or group. So basically it is a description of the role.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Yes, Julius,

would there be any way i can change 100+ users security policy from DEFAULT to TECHNICAL USER.

by using import tab and uploading through simple text file??

these users will be in our system to testing purpose only so No audit issue as of now and will delete these users before go-live.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

Former Member
0 Kudos

found work around