cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP standard URL parametrs together with System-specific parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BSP developers,

I have come up to a problem while integrating a BSP application into SAP NW Portal. I need to transfer the user id of the user logged-on to the portal to the BSP application. I use the "portal_user=<User.LogonUid>" parameter in the definition of standard BSP iView. And there the problem started. As the backend system I use the CRM 4.0, which is properly defined in the portal System landscape and the system client is set to "011" (not default).

When I access the above mentioned BSP iView, I get the data from default client 001.

I tested it outside portal with the URL:

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/<application_name>/default.htm?sap-client=011&sap-sessioncmd=o...;

and it still brought me to default client 001.

But, when I omited the parametr portal_client, it functioned as expected - it showed the data from client 011.

I see the problem in mixing the two types of parametrs:

- System-specific (as sap-client, sap-sessioncmd, ...)

- standard URL parameters (portal_user)

When they are sent together the SAP NW AS cannot distinguish the meaning of the System Specific Params.

Do you have any solution or workaround for this problem?

I will appreciate your comments.

Regards Jiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can very well get the value of portal user by using this in onCreate event of your BSP page:

portal_user = runtime->server->request->get_form_field( 'portal_user' ).

Use this instead of gettin as URL parameter.

Regards,

Ravikiran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I tested it outside portal with the URL:

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/<application_name>/default.htm?sap-client=011&sap-sessioncmd=o...;

and it still brought me to default client 001.</i>

this would never happen. are you sure you are directed to client 001.

<i>But, when I omited the parametr portal_client, it functioned as expected - it showed the data from client 011.</i>

portal_client? i dont see it in the url

<i>I see the problem in mixing the two types of parametrs:

- System-specific (as sap-client, sap-sessioncmd, ...)

- standard URL parameters (portal_user)</i>

there should be no issue at all, you can use both system parameters and user parameters

and while creating BSP iviews in the portal you will be creating for a system/client (DEV011 or something like that - in portal for each client you need to create a ssystem definition/alias) and you dont have to pass the client as the parameters in application parameter.

just pass portal_user==<User.LogonUid> in the application parameter and in your bsp application create a page attribute with the name portal_user with auto attributed checked, you can check the value in oninitialization or on create it will have the value of the portal logged on user id.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your advice, Durairaj,

I must have done a mistake somwhere else. When I tested it now, it worked correctly.

Regards

Jiri

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ONe thing you should never to is pass userid/passwd via an URL. Use SSO instead.

Pls check

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/89/6eb8deaf2f11d5993700508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

for this.

Eddy