Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling two RFC functions at the same time....

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I got a question -:)

I got one PHP class where I'm calling an RFC FM...Just before it, I need to call another RFC FM, on the same page at the same time...One after another -:)

But it seems that I just can't...I got one weird SAPRFC error, something like TABLE_NOT_ACTIVE exceptions...Ok...Neither of my FM have that exception...How it is raised??? -:(

I tried to use saprfc_function_free before the second FM call...But nothing at all...I can't...I'm using my own custom FM based on standard ones...

Greetings,

Blag.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure if this is 100% relevant but this is what I have.

I have a php script to which I pass a material number and a plant code. I first use BAPI_MATERIAL_GET_DETAIL to get material data. From that BAPI I also return the material group code(MATL_GROUP). I then pass on the material group code to BAPI_MATERIALGROUP_GET_LIST so as to get the material group description (MG_DESCR_SHORT).

It works (to call 2 RFC's), my issue is that I would like to call one BAPI within the other and it seems that what is happening, is that one is being called after the other.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure if this is 100% relevant but this is what I have.

I have a php script to which I pass a material number and a plant code. I first use BAPI_MATERIAL_GET_DETAIL to get material data. From that BAPI I also return the material group code(MATL_GROUP). I then pass on the material group code to BAPI_MATERIALGROUP_GET_LIST so as to get the material group description (MG_DESCR_SHORT).

It works (to call 2 RFC's), my issue is that I would like to call one BAPI within the other and it seems that what is happening, is that one is being called after the other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which RFC's are you writing data? Did you do a commit?

0 Kudos

Silly me -:( I just fix it -:P I was declaring some IMPORT parameters like this...

PARAM TYPE STRING

But I should have used some TABLE reference...

PARAM TYPE TAB_TEXT-LINE

Thanx for the answers anyway -;)

Greetings,

Blag.