cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.ear file deployment in SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to deploy a .ear file in SAP PI 7.1.

But our deployment team tells me that JSPM needs the SCA/SDA format. Our developers do not know how to generate this directly compatible format either.

I found SAP Note 696084 but it doesnt mention anything abt SAP PI7.1 !

Any help is much appreciated.

regards, Sean.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out this weblog [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6697%3Fpage%3Dlast%26x-maxdepth%3D0] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks I had followed the note and faced following error:

C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\sapmake_util_70>sca Gemini C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70\sapmake_util_70

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Any idea whats missing?

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

It woundn't take path containing spaces I think. 'C:\Program Files' is not recogonized by it when you are trying to give the 'absolute path' after the sca command. If want to give absolute path, then it should not contain spaces and should be like C:\custom_path\... Or, just give the relative path w.r.t current directory

Morever, try if following threads provide some help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. SAP lays down the exact steps in Note 696084:

Installation on Netweaver 04s (7.0)

1. Install the SAP Netweaver Developer Studio

2. Download the sapmake_util_70.zip file attached to this note and extract it under the directory in which the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio has been installed, i.e. beside the "eclipse" directory (if you installed the SAP NetWeaver Development Studio to C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE for instance, extract the ZIP to C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70).

3. Set the environment variable SAPIDE_HOME to the root directory of the Netweaver Developer Studio installation (if you installed the SAP NetWeaver Development Studio to C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70, set the variable to C:\Program Files\SAP\IDE\IDE70)

4. Add %SAPIDE_HOME%\sapmake_util_70 to the PATH environment variable

5. Specify a vendor-ID in the sapmake.properties file. The length ofthe vendor-ID is restricted to 20 characters.

Developer has built this from NWDS 7.0. I have followed note exactly still getting the error mentioned. I have to deploy .ear file in JSPM for PI 7.1

Any help please.

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this problem recently and this was the solution:

Find the following in your installation:

\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGSxx\j2ee\deployment\scripts

Run the u201Cmake_SDA.batu201D command and include the name of the .WAR or .EAR file you wish to deploy.

make_sda myFile.EAR

The tool will convert the file to an SDA file and place it in the following directory:

\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGSxx\j2ee\deployment\SDA\

The file created will still have the extension of the orginal file. Simply rename the file to ".SDA" and copy it to your \EPS\IN directory and run JSPM.

Select package type to apply as "Hot Fixes" and you should see your file. Complete the rest of the JSPM process and you are done.