cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java API failed with GetInitializationInfo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone tell me why I would get a "a2i.core.StringException: GetInitializationInfo failed

" exception when logging in to a Catalog? I have verified MDM4J.jar matches MDM server, verified correct Port Number, userid and password. I am able to connect to other catalogs on the same MDM server, running the same Java code. I am able to connect to the same repository via Data Manager and view, update, add records. Below is the full message.

a2i.core.StringException: GetInitializationInfo failed

at a2i.common.CatalogData.LoadCatalogData(Unknown Source)

at a2i.common.CatalogData.Login(Unknown Source)

at com.whirlpool.catalogdata.DistinctValues.getDistinctValues(DistinctValues.java:40)

at com.whirlpool.catalogdata.DistinctValuesMain.main(DistinctValuesMain.java:21)

Error code: 0x82030100

Error message : No message for RC (0x82030100)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

at <b>a2i.common.CatalogData.LoadCatalogData</b>(Unknown Source)

at a2i.common.CatalogData.Login(Unknown Source)

at com.whirlpool.catalogdata.DistinctValues.getDistinctValues(DistinctValues.java:40)

at com.whirlpool.catalogdata.DistinctValuesMain.main(DistinctValuesMain.java:21)

I did not see any method in CatalogData class with name LoadCatalogData in a2i.common package.

Could you please paste the following content

1. MDM4J.jar date stamp

2. MDM Serve build version.

3. If you are using MDM Connector to connect then the date stamp of com.sap.mdm.tech.connector.sda file

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suddu,

I fixed the problem by changing the port my repository was running on. It’s funny because, I verified in the beginning that the repository was not going to run on an existing port number. Also all other MDM functionality worked with the repository, it just would not allow my Java application to connect on the old port number, as soon as I changed port number it worked just fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you assign a port number to an MDM repository, MDM also used PORT1 and PORT2 for its various functions.

For example, if your repository uses port 5000, then MDM will also use 5001 and 5002. This can occasionally cause unexpected port conflict with other programs, and this might have been the cause of your original problem.

Walter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Walter, I’ll keep this in mind next time, I did not realize that a couple of ports would be consumed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Try the following.

1. Just goto MDM Console->Select the repository->rightclick->Verify ,check whether that repository has any errors.

2.Are you using the CatalogData.Login to connect

or

using the MDM Connector to connect to the MDM Server.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu