cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC on SUSE Demo Laptop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I want to install SUSE linux with SAP in laptop for demos.

First I downloaded SUSE linux in Novell webpage. Then I installed and put one to one SAP CD's for Installation wizard. During installation I configure ethernet parameters and laptop name server.

I have .pdf of Installation but SAP screens that appears in document, not appears in my installation. Why?

Then SAP installation finished (all CD's installed LINUX-SAP-MAXDB)

I start laptop and login as root. I can change user as adm or other but don't find and command startsap is incorrect.

I introduce startx and entry on grafical mode but I can't see SAP or similar.

What I have to do now? this wrong installation?

Help me please!

Regards, Luis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luis,

The N4S TESTDRIVE Linux MAXDB dvd I have has a install script that does every thing after prompting for information.

Never asked for any DVD.

It has all the things in archive contained in image.

I have installed this on SUSE 10.2 SLES and OpenSuse 11.1 and 11.2 with no issues.

Edited by: FC7600 on Jan 15, 2010 5:40 PM

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Luis,

unfortunately, the information you provided is not enough to give you exact help.

I want to install SUSE linux with SAP in laptop for demos.

Please provide information about your "laptop". Is it i386 or x86_64?

First I downloaded SUSE linux in Novell webpage.

What did you download and install?

- SLES10 SP1?

- SLED11.0?

- SLES10 SP2 VMware image?

- OpenSUSE 11.1?

Then I installed and put one to one SAP CD's for Installation wizard.

Which SAP software did you install?

- SAP LinuxTestdrive N4S on MaxDB?

- SAP ECC6 ?

- SAP Solution Manager?

During installation I configure ethernet parameters and laptop name server.

I have .pdf of Installation but SAP screens that appears in document, not appears in my installation. Why?

Which .pdf are you following? There are hundreds of thousands of .pdf files which show different screens. Please be more specific with document, which page in the document, which screen you are expecting.

Then SAP installation finished (all CD's installed LINUX-SAP-MAXDB)

I start laptop and login as root. I can change user as adm or other but don't find and command startsap is incorrect.

So you change to <sid>adm and cannot find startsap command. If there is no startsap command your PATH variable is broken or the SAP system is simply not installed. Check is /usr/sap/<SID> exist and look for startsap in the subfolders there.

I introduce startx and entry on grafical mode but I can't see SAP or similar.

X has nothing to do with the SAP Server installation. The SAP GUI is a different part in the stack (presentation layer).

What I have to do now? this wrong installation?

provide detailed information.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for your answer...

I have this pdf...[https://service.sap.com/sapidb/012006153200000220872008E/BP_Demo_Image_Inst_PartCust_V1.pdf|https://service.sap.com/sapidb/012006153200000220872008E/BP_Demo_Image_Inst_PartCust_V1.pdf]

I answer you in parts....

*Laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad Intel Centrino-Duo with 4GB Memory and two HDD. I think is i386...

*SUSE version is SLES10 SP1

*Version on SAP is Sap Test Drive with MAXDB

*In directory /usr/ I don't have "sap" directory. In directory /usr/ i have only X11, X11R6, bin, games, include, lib, lib64, local, sbin, share, src, tmp and x86_64-suse-linux.

I wait your answer, please! Thanks!!!

Regards, Luis

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Luis,

I'm not quite sure from where you got that document, but this document (All-in-One Installation Guide) has absolutely no connection to what you are installing. You are probably installing the TestDrive, N4S with MaxDB. This is 64bit. If you have NW4, this is out of support.

Regarding N4S, please consult index.html on the DVD !

If there is no /usr/sap directory, no SAP software is installed.

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I installing the same of this .pdf!!!

I do not go to item number 6 of the pdf, but that's exactly what I install and what I have.

The installation ask me the dvd's and complete successfully, but then I don't see sap installed. Someone has had the same thing?

Regards, luis

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Diego

I have this pdf...https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012006153200000220872008E/BP_Demo_Image_Inst_PartCust_V1.pdf

*Version on SAP is Sap Test Drive with MAXDB

well, if you give wrong information (pdf = All-in-One <-> but you install SAP TestDrive), then you get wrong answers!

Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!

OK, but....

What is the solution?

Regards!

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know, that's why I did't give one ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! Thanks for your answers!!

Regards, Luis

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Diego,

my intension was, that you give exact and detailed information regarding your issue. Thanks for doing this. The chances that another SDN users might help you is much higher, as other now know your issue in detail.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!!

Someone has the same problem??

Someone has installed SUSE linux and SAP with database MAXDB on a machine that wasn't a VMware image??

I've this document....[https://service.sap.com/sapidb/012006153200000220872008E/BP_Demo_Image_Inst_PartCust_V1.pdf|https://service.sap.com/sapidb/012006153200000220872008E/BP_Demo_Image_Inst_PartCust_V1.pdf]

and read this note.....1161734. In this note there is a link for download SUSE linux (SLES10 SP2)

Regards!!!

former_member188065
Participant
0 Kudos

Are you still facing those issues?

As far as I understood you must clearly met the requirements:

Install is only possible on x64 CPU that is running a VMWare.

The VM must configured to have at least 2000MB RAM out of 4GB assigned plus an additional 230 GB virtual disk to hold SLES and BAIO instance.

I am not sure if it is possible to run the automatic install on real hardware. Better you stick with the procedure to use a VM.

VMWARE Server can be downloaded for free and so there is no need to use VMWARE Workstation to set up the VM.

CA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there all, In personal and for testing props. I use Red-Hat Linux ( RHLE 5.4 ) It is more in the industries standard and it can be installing in a lap like yours.