Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxies in PI7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pleasse tell me about ABAP Proxies.

Kindly tell me everything about ABAP Proxies.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Also,

Please tell me about Inbound/Outbound ,Client/Server Proxies.What are they?When are they implemented?

If possible please tell me with the example.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Proxy to file scenario

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Server proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Generating proxy

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ba/d4c23b95c8466ce10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Volkar said, please go through the help docs. Most of your qs will be answered there.

below is the Link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/265c3cf311070ae10000000a114084/content.htm

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkataramesh,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please give me any blog mentioning the Basics of ABAP Proxies?

That is, what is meant by Inbound/Outbound Proxies,Client/Server Proxies?

When is it required to implement them?Which one should be implemented when?

Also,the relevant scenerio.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetambari,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please give me any blog mentioning the Basics of ABAP Proxies?

That is, what is meant by Inbound/Outbound Proxies,Client/Server Proxies?

When is it required to implement them?Which one should be implemented when?

Also,the relevant scenerio.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

> Can you please give me any blog mentioning the Basics of ABAP Proxies?

Basic File to Proxy scenario

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

> That is, what is meant by Inbound/Outbound Proxies,Client/Server Proxies?

ABAP Proxy at receivfer side then it is the server proxy for this we have to configure the communication channel with adapter type as XI.

where as ABAP proxy is at sender side (ex: proxy to file scenario) then it is called the client proxy. we have to write the SE38 report program to call that proxy.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkataramesh,

Thanks for the reply.

ABAP Proxy at receivfer side then it is the server proxy for this we have to configure the communication channel with adapter type as XI.

where as ABAP proxy is at sender side (ex: proxy to file scenario) then it is called the client proxy. we have to write the SE38 report program to call that proxy.

What do we need to mention in the communication type as if we do the ABAP Proxy at the sender side?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha,

No need to create any communication channel at sender side if it is the ABAP client proxy.

Directly proxy code comes to the integration engine.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

The link I sent earlier gives the basics of ABAP proxy.

Outbound Proxy Is Client proxy I.e To send a message to the Integration Server, use a client proxy.

Inbound proxy is Server proxy i.e. To provide a service on the SAP Web AS that can be addressed by messages from the Integration Server, use a server proxy..

ABAP Client proxy is generally used to send data out from SAP system (Ex ECC) and ABAP Server proxy is used to receive request or data from PI.

Regards,

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkataramesh,

Thanks for the reply.

No need to create any communication channel at sender side if it is the ABAP client proxy.

Directly proxy code comes to the integration engine.

Means , no need of mentioninng /creating the receiver communication channel as well.Is it?

Also,both Client and Server Proxies can be created in the same scenerio?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Shweta Kullkarni on Sep 2, 2009 2:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

> Means , no need of mentioninng /creating the receiver communication channel as well.Is it?

If the ABAP proxy is sender side then no need to create the sender communication channel and sender agreement, but remaining all are same (receiver CC, RA, RD and ID)

If the ABAP proxy is at receiver side then we have to create all the communication channels and SA, RA, ID and RD as usual, but the receiver communication channel adapter as XI.

If sender and receiver are ABAP proxies means it is the ECC to ECC communication.

By using ALE/IDoc we can do that, if in the middle any changes are required then we can develope the client and server proxy code in the same scenario.

Regards

Ramesh

Edited by: Venkataramesh Boppana on Sep 2, 2009 5:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PI you always need to have Communication Channel for receiver side.

Below is the link to configure the same.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/85/78af1bf407434796aaf8dbd6d4e7b7/content.htm

You have have both in one senario if you have SAP system both the sides.

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkataramesh,

Thanks for the reply.

If the ABAP proxy is at receiver side then we have to create all the communication channels

Means, need to create both the communications channels that sender as well as receiver.Is it?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

> If the ABAP proxy is at receiver side then we have to create all the communication channels

> Means, need to create both the communications channels that sender as well as receiver.Is it?

YES.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkataramesh,

Thanks for the reply.

Please correct me if I am wrong Inbound means Client while Outbound means Server Proxy.Is it?

Can you please give me the blogs mentioning the Client as well as Server Proxies Scenerios?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

> Please correct me if I am wrong Inbound means Client while Outbound means Server Proxy.Is it?

No, Inbound means Serevr and outbound means client proxy.

> Can you please give me the blogs mentioning the Client as well as Server Proxies Scenerios?

Client proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Server proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> Pleasse tell me about ABAP Proxies.

>

> Kindly tell me everything about ABAP Proxies.

>

> Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have seen may threads where you are just asking the basic question which can be found very easly by searching on SDN or google. Please don't mind but this is just a waste of time for sdn experts.

Try to come with real problems which you face while practics something.

And also as a good habit try to ask one question in one thread as per the rule of engagement on SDN. As well as close the thread once you got your answers.

Good luck!

--Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

And you please tell me everything about the world ...

Such questions should not be posted in this forum. Search SDN and read help.sap.com. And if you then have a specific question come back to this forum.

Good luck!

Regards,

Volker