cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report on portal User ID and Assign Roles for all portal users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would like to know , is there way that we can get a report which shows all the portal user ids with there assign portal roles. If we can't get this from portal. Can we get it from Oracle database ?

What are the oracle tables and fields which store this information?

If nay one have a custom develop iview for this please let me know

Thanks

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

go to User Administration -> Import / Export -> User Data Export and select ALL_USERS. You'll get al list of all user IDS and their roles. You can then import it to Excel or whatever you want.

Regards,

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pascal for this information. I have tried this earlier, but I couldn't retrieve user role assignment for LDAP users, if they are not assigned to a company group. Do you know any alternative for this?

Thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

then I'm pretty sure you can't get around programming something, please see https://media.sdn.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/SPS15/um/index.html for the UME Api, if you have experience in programming Java it should be straightforward.

Regards,

Pascal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

additionally to the export, you can also write some small report program using the UME API, which is very intuitive and easy to use. With this, you could define the format of the output by yourself (as XML for example).

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN. Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Detlev

Do you have any program which have already developed for this

Thanks

Ramesh

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

as Pascal stated (and as I did above), if developing within the portal is not really new for you, playing around with the UME API is really more or less trivial.

Check as well as for similar requests and code hints / further links.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

i Ramesh,

There is no report which gives u directly this kind of portalusers listing with their roles.

U can go to USER ADMINISTRATION->import/export-> User Data Export and select all users.

download it. copy it to excel sheet adn format according to ur needs.

The same is used in the conetxt of mass uploading users data into the protal . i,e create or change portal users in one shot.

Thanks & Regards

Jhansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Jhansi

Thanks for this information. I have tried this earlier, but I can't retrieve user role assignment for LDAP users, if they are not assigned to a company group. Do you know any alternative for this?

Thanks

Ramesh