cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My scenario is that my client business exists in four countires.

US,Germany,Japan and China.

1) Do we need to maintain four company codes???

2) If yes then we need to maintain in one client??

with regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you need to maintain 4 CC. As tax and other legal rules will be differ for different countries.

As per business requirement you can create one client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks for the reply...

As per business requirement you can create one client.

Means i can create in different client also...

If so..what we will be the pros and cons...

pls guide me..

with regads

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If u wud create 4 C.C in 4 different clients then you have to do all the Configurations and Master data maintenance seperately for each client from the scratch where as if u create in one client ur ALL master data maintenance and config settingswill take less time and easy as well...Better to maintain in a single client.

Reg

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the reply,

I have question here..

US Company Code(1000)

Germany Company Code(2000)

Japan Company COde(3000)

China Company Code(4000)

If i have the customer 100012 in company Code 1000, he may give orders to company code 2000,3000 and 4000..

How to map this..

with regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> US Company Code(1000)

> Germany Company Code(2000)

> Japan Company COde(3000)

> China Company Code(4000)

>

> If i have the customer 100012 in company Code 1000, he may give orders to company code 2000,3000 and 4000..

Simple, Extend that customer 100012 to all company codes, Remember these all should be in same Client, then only you can extend that.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Better you go for single client for all CC. Client is anyways use for Business self report and manupulation.

"If i have the customer 100012 in company Code 1000, he may give orders to company code 2000,3000 and 4000.."

Yes your customer can place orders for other CCs as well if you have created the customer CENTRALLY (T code XD01). And extend it to all CC.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies..

If i have the customer 100012 in company Code 1000, he may give orders to company code 2000,3000 and 4000

100012 customer's business(branch) may have in Germany,Japan and China..

Should i have to create new customer code for respective countries or simply extend the customer..

My actual requirement is that

Single customers with multiple currency requirements

pls guide me..

with regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Azeez,

you are confusing yourself, Understand that Customer has three part in SAP,

1. General Data : It will be applicable through out the client irrespective of Company code and sales area

2. Company code data: If you want customer to be applicable for 2000,3000, 4000, simply extend that customer with these company code, now after extending the currency applicable will be from company code.

3. Sales area data: if you want to extend sales are of customer, you can do the same.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have single customer for multiple company code.

Then you have to extend your customer to different company code by going to the XD01.

In customer master your general data will be same for all the company code.

But company code data and sales area data will be different for different CC.

And your currency is generally stored in the sales area data.

So you can store different currency for the different company code.

Try out and check the result.

Regards

Raj.

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First pls check this extension of a customer to different company codes in XD01, ultimately u will come to know the process easily...its very simple..

Reg

JJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

Now i understood very clear..

General Data will remain Same in all company codes, Company code data and sales area data will change..

So that i can change the currency..

i.e. Single Customer with multiple currency..

Points assigned...

with regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have tried this scenario, you define your customer for one company code and sales area,

you can use same customer master record for other company code with out defining.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

) Do we need to maintain four company codes???

Yes, You have to maintain 4 different company codes as there willbe difference in the Local currencies and Balance sheets

One client is sufficient for all the 4 company codes.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Azeez Mohammed ,

Yes , absolutely . As we consider the company code as the legal entity in which all the transactions releated to tax , excise ,audit , balance sheet etc depends on company code.

As you know that different countries have different tax plans , and the way they show to the govt etc.

For example India we have CIN but for US we dont have this.

2)2) If yes then we need to maintain in one client??

It entirly depends on the business need . yes we can have this in one client. In our company also we are having 3 company codes in one client

Regards,

Vvieks

"Grow and let others Grow"

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1) Do we need to maintain four company codes???

The main reason to differentiates company codes are the balance sheet and reporting with respect to Governemnt laws. And as the countries are different then its required for you to create four different company codes.

> 2) If yes then we need to maintain in one client??

Its possible, Client is used for Tablespace....means all the company code can share common data like customer's general details, material number etc

Thanks,

Raja