Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM scrapping process

former_member225662
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone explain me the steps in WM scrapping process?

Regards

KK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You carry out the initial scrapping in IM using transaction MB1A and the movement type will depend on the status of your stock.

551 for unrestricted stock

553 for stock on Quality Inspection

555 for stock that is blocked

When you save this transaction the stock will disappear from IM and create a negative in WM in 999

This will create a Transfer Requirement in WM which you can see in LB10

From this TR you create a Transfer order and you specify which stock in WM you are scrapping.

What I mean by this is if for instance you have 1000 pieces in IM and scrap 100 there will be 900 left

However if the stock in WM is in pallets of 100 and you have 10 pallets in 10 different bin the WM does not know which 100 you want to scrap so in the TO you pick the specific pallet and bin location you wish to scrap.

When you then remove the stock and scrap it phsically and subsequentl confirm the To the stock will move from the bin to 999 and then the -100 in 999 and the +100 you have sent from the bin will cancel each other out and the stock figure is correct.

N.B If you scrap everything you have then when you create the TO it will create automatically without you specifying the bins as it can work out that it is everything.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

N.B.

If you question is answered may I suggest that you award any points you want to and close the thread.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

There is no seperate WM Scrapping. If you scrap the material in MB1A using 551 Movement Type, A TR is created with 999 - and later at the time TO Confirmation your ware house will become - and 999 +.