cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Objects and Backend Adapter Genration Failed after Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

After completing our development, we transported all the objects from Dev System to QA System.

But after transporting it was found out that Data Objects and Backend Adapters Status is showing Red i.e status is being marked as "Generation Failed".

Can anyone throw please explain why this odd behaviour?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check if all the entries in DOE_MASS_ACTGEN queue (TR: SMQ2) has executed successfully or not.

If there is an entry with SYSFAIL, you can execute the entry again.

Regards,

Ramanath

Edited by: Ramanath Kulkarni on Sep 2, 2009 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

One possible reason I found was Destination was missing. Is that why generation failed?

We are now retransporting the ABAP objects again from Dev TO QA.

And one more thing, if we execute DOE_MASS_ACTGEN, will it generate new GUIDs for SWCV and Data Objects? If yes then it will be trouble for our team. Can you please throw light on this also?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

the generation of data objects will not change any of the guids. so you can execute the DOE_MASS_ACT queue as it will only regenerate the objects.

you can also make sure that the system is set up properly and check SDOE_SR and all the mandatory notes

~rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, Once you re-transport the objects. it will again get generated in DOE_MASS_ACTGEN queue only. so ther eis no need for retransport.

~Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Re-transporting of the design time objects is not needed. You can simply execute the queue (if it is stuck)

Also as mentioned by Rohit, if your system (QA) is newly setup, you need to configure it for correct functionality using SDOE_SR.

You can also maintain the RFC destinations using the Admin portal and then execute the queue entries in SYSFAIL.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for input. We have already started retransport. Once retransport is done, we will implement what Ramanath and you have suggested.

Hi Ramanath,

I will do the same as suggested by you.

Will close the thread once issue gets resolved.

Thanks for input.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Edited by: Gopal on Sep 2, 2009 4:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath/Rohit,

Still the same error. I ran SDOE_SR and checked entries in SMQ2. There was no SYSFAIL entries. But still Data objects status is being shown as error. And Backend Adapter status are being shown as "Generation Failed".

Can you please provide any other hint?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Please double click on any of the data object in "Red" state and click on the Service Class for the same.

Check the syntax of that service class (CTL+F2) and let us know if there is any syntax error in that class.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Adapter is in error state because the data object is in error state. can you perform a consistency check on data objects?

else you can try regenerating the data objects. also, go to utilities->perform check syntax of generated objects.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

Service class is giving syntax error.Error is as follows:

Class ZDOECL_00C_002_MWSR, Method IF_COMPARE_SERVICE~COMPARE_MSGS (Row 114)

Method "KEYMAP_GET_BACKENDKEYS" is unknown or PROTECTED , PACKAGE , or PRIVATE

Best Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I think regenerating will create problem for us as it will create a new GUID for SWCV and Data Objects. Am i right in thinking so? In that case client side development will go for a toss and separate sda will have to be created to run code on QA system which is not at all be liked by our client.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether your data object have any backend key field defined for all the nodes.

Regards,

Dhana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Generation will not create GUID for the SWCV or data object. Hence no need to worry about the application developed already for the mobile clients.

Regarding the generation error, as mentioned by Dhana, looks like you have not specified the backend keys fields in your data object node.

Kindly check the same.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanasekhar,

Honestly speaking, I am on Java Development side and I am not expert in handling middleware. MIddleware expert has ben relieved from the client side and now I am handling the implementation.

So can you please explain me on how exactly I have to check?

Also, on DOE Development server things are working fine and there is no error. All Data Objects and backend adapters are in status "Green". Objects got transported from Dev Server to QA server

Shall I raise OSS on this issue so that SAP Labs can look into the system and convey me where am I may going wrong?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Edited by: Gopal on Sep 3, 2009 10:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

you can try regenerating the data object once.. regeneration will not cause any problem to the existing applicaton,

Also, If you feel that you are not able to resolve the problem please create an OSS.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

will start with the doubt regarding guid: as mentioned above the regeneration will not change the GUIDs. Regeneration does not affect the data object defition, and unless there is change in definition guids are not changed.

To check the data object model in middleware : Need to go to doe workbench using transaction sdoe_wb. In that select the SWCV relevant for you, and then navigate to your data object. Once on the nodes corresponding your data object, you can check the attributes for the node's fields. Check whether the BEKey and BEField checkbox are checked or not.

As there is syntax error, the generation has not gone through successfully. After correcting the model and actiavtion, the generation should go fine.

regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Sorry for my complete ignorance. I am finding difficulty in to get BEKey and BEField checkbox. Can you please explain where exactly I can locate it?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I checked BE Field and BE Key. They are checked. Any other hint?

In the meantime I have raised OSS regarding the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue got resolved after regeneration of Backend Adapters and Data Objects.

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Answers (0)