cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Reports not displaying portal theme colors

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some BW reports in our portal and I thought the forms should take on the same color display that is in the portal. I went into Portal display\selected our portal theme, then went down to Component Specific Style and went into BI Web Reports 3.0 and changed the coloring of some things in there, but the report is still showing up with same blue\light blue coloring it had and I guess is getting from the BW backend system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your BI developers have created their own style sheets, these could be overriding your theme. If some web templates / reports are displaying with the colors of the new theme and some are not, it's very possible that this is the case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathleen,

did you find an answer to your problem? I am facing a similar problem. In EP7 I was able to define a different layout but it is not applied in EP6 with an URL reference.

Regards

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kathleen,

1. Are you referring to the stylesheet that's in BW WAS in the "Application Parameter" field when creating the BW Report iView in Portal?

2. Most common issue is the browser cache. Close all browsers, open a new one, clear cache and lauch Portal to check again.

Although, "Theme Editor" does allow themes to be applied to BW reports, its scope is somewhat limited, I feel. I tried to find a parameter I could change to have all my table column headers in bold, but I couldn't. I only see "Grid color of table" for Table. For the cells, I see only background color (good1,2,3 and bad 1,2,3 etc) but nothing for table header font. Anyone, knows how to achieve this?

I think there would still be more problems that'll I'll face if I start looking deeper.

Regards,

KIran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathleen

since BW Report are executing from BW WAS server so it's display it's original color, changing to portal theme not affected to this.

if u want to change this color u should workout within BW system.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaushal,

You are wrong. You can absolutely apply the portal theme to BW reports. If you look in the theme editor for the portal you will see that there are many BW elements that you can modify so that the BW reports match the theme in your portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This could be a caching issue. Have you deleted the cache in your browser?