cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certified development Associate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all..

Am planning to take sap certified development asssociate-abap with sap netweaver 7.0 exam..i have sum doubts regarding this..Could any one please clarify this..

1.i am someone with an year experience in sap abap(8months to be precise,which includes about 2months project experience).i went on-job training in sap abap ecc6..Now i have resigned and am planning to do certifications..Is it possible for me to pass the certifcation by preparing myself with materials referred to,online papers,and getting some ides server access to practise?

2.is it required to take sap certified development consultant sap netweaver 2004-application development focus-abap

before doing dev.associate?is the webdynpro part the only difference between them?which would be more beneficial to me?

3.where can i get materials,papers..etc for preparation...i have saptec,bc400,bc401,bc402,bc414,bc430,bc402,bc405,net310,bc425,bc427,bc430..is that enough..i dunno if they are outdated??if so where can i get the latest ones??

4.how long it will take for a good preparation?:)

thankz alot in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

more ssuggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

as you are going for ABAP exam i feel you can practice on ABAP trial version which you can download and install easily on you system rather than IDES. my experiance says ABAP exam tests the fundamentals /concepts ; with moderate practice leveraging more on theoretical side it will be an easy task.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the guidance.well i had tried to download and install ,but did not work properly.can u please tell me where we have to look for downloading abapnetweaver7 which would work properly.

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Teenu,

i think you may get the link of sdn download page simply googling for it. It has some system requirements.check those first. All information will be there in the zips you will download. if your system is not in any network dont forget to install Loopback adapter(installing help for the same is also there in the downloaded zips ) otherwise after successfully installing also it wont work.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey thanks dhaval.let me try installing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi all..

> Am planning to take sap certified development asssociate-abap with sap netweaver 7.0 exam..i have sum doubts regarding this..Could any one please clarify this..

>

> 1.i am someone with an year experience in sap abap(8months to be precise,which includes about 2months project experience).i went on-job training in sap abap ecc6..Now i have resigned and am planning to do certifications..Is it possible for me to pass the certifcation by preparing myself with materials referred to,online papers,and getting some ides server access to practise?

>

> 2.is it required to take sap certified development consultant sap netweaver 2004-application development focus-abap

> before doing dev.associate?is the webdynpro part the only difference between them?which would be more beneficial to me?

>

> 3.where can i get materials,papers..etc for preparation...i have saptec,bc400,bc401,bc402,bc414,bc430,bc402,bc405,net310,bc425,bc427,bc430..is that enough..i dunno if they are outdated??if so where can i get the latest ones??

>

> 4.how long it will take for a good preparation?:)

>

>

> thankz alot in advance

Hi,

Here are the answers for your queries,these replies are given assuming that you are in India:

1.To take up direct certification in ABAP, you need to be working with the present employer for atleast an year,and your overall experience must be 2 years. As you have resigned and have only 8 months of experience,I am afraid direct certification is not possible. So, the only alternative is to join SAP Authorised Training Center like Siemens or Genovate and finish the certification,but these training centers charge around 3 Lakhs for Training and Certification,so people who afford it take it up.Others work for 2 years and then appear with the help of their employers.

2.No,you dont need to take up consultant sap netweaver 2004 focus abap,you can directly take up ABAP with Netweaver 7.0(C_TAW12_70),and I would say you should take up this as this is the latest certification available in the market with slight touch up of Netweaver topics and User Interfaces.

3. I cant comment on this point.

4. For someone with your experience, you need to go through the material atleast 5 times before attempting the certification.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii.vishwa..

thankz alot for the reply...

can u make it clear who is going to take final decision whether am eligible to appear for the exam..Should i send my cv to SAP?whats the formal procedure to schedule certification

I am residing at UK. and this is the link i refered to

http://www.sap.com/uk/services/education/courses/certification/index.epx

I got a feeling you can apply independently for the exam(ref:Open certification days)

and this is the info about c_taw12_70 which i got

http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/certificationtest.epx?context=[[C_TAW12_70|G]]|

If am eligible to appear for c_taw12_70 would it be too difficult for me??

what would be a good idea

a) to go for sap netweaver 2004 focus abap for the time being and then later do ca_taw12_70.

b)Wait and try to get some expereince rather than going for netweaver 2004 focus abap now..and later i can attempt ca_taw12_70.

c)do u think netweaver 2004 abap certifcation is not worth doing?

thankz in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are in UK,then just put a mail to the mail id at the end of the link you referred to.

As I said earlier, if you go through the material atleast 4-5 times thats enough,because all the questions are based out of the material.

Any certification of the both mentioned is worth doing,but ABAP with Netweaver 7.0 which is the latest one,it is more like ABAP on Netweaver 7.0 unlike the other exam which focuses more on ECC 6.0, there is difference in the concepts like Netweaver and User Interfaces.

And it is not that tough as it sounds,all you need to do is to go through the material thoroughly,invest some 2 months on the preparation,and you will definitely get an favourable result. Trust me on that!!!

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the info vishwa...

i was planning to get IDES server access ecc6 for practise..is it required...

teenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. In the materials after every topic,there are some practice programs and some small assignments,do them. There are some instances where questions have come out of those also.

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u so much vishwa