cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overseas exhibition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All !!!!!!!

We have a scenario like our client is sending goods to the China from India to participate in exhibition

and return back the goods to the factory premises their (china exhibition) no sale

as the process is relavent for exports and we are not doing sale and one more point is they created exhibiton stall as customer . I was really struck with this process to map further can any body please suggest me how to map all the above process

immediate reply is very highly appriciated.........waiting for early reply

Regards,

Balu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go with consignment process where you can treat the exhibition site as ship to party and the organising committee as Sold To Party.

Since this being exports, sales tax and excise duty will be exempted and hence, your pricing procedure will be very simple.

Incidentally, there is a Central Excise Rule that if the exporters exhibit their products outside India, exporters' have to declare the material code, quantity being sent for display. Based on this declaration, Excise authorities will give permission to export those materials.

Please note only if the exporters got this permission, while bringing back the goods, they will be exempted from paying duty; as otherwise, from the date of export till it reaches the factory, penalty will be levied.

This is based on my past experience (8 years back) and I am not sure on the present notification / rule. The exporter has to check with their Central Excise.

Also please note due to some reasons, the exporter is not declaring the samples to Central Excise authorities, but exporting to exhibition and later on if they import those samples, they will have to pay duty prevailing on that date.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As long as the consignement ownership remains with the company.. Why dont you think about CONSIGNMENT PROCESS..

Or

Do as follows Sales order-Delivery-Proforma invoice against delivery (F8)- Excise inv against proforma inv. and create Return order againt them when it comes back to India...

And

Just ask some business experts Is there any options/rules/laws from government for this kind of exhibition purpose sending consigments to overseas and got them back?

Reg

JJ