Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OO ALV : Maximum number of columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Would anyone happen to know the maximum number of columns that OO ALV supports?

Found in forum postings that for ALV classic, it supports up to 99 columns. Some posted, 90 columns. But haven't manage to come across one for OO ALV.

Kindly advise, thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daixiong_jiang3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Actually there is no limit to the columns of ALV.

But once the columns of ALV is greater than 90, the attribute "SLIS_T_FIELDCAT_ALV-NO_OUT" will be set as "X" by the system automaticlly, so if you want to make all the columns visible, just set the attribute "SLIS_T_FIELDCAT_ALV-NO_OUT = space " for all columns.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member215870
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Carmen,

actually I do not know the answer, but I can help you to find the answer by yourself. You can create a fieldcatalog dynamic with as much column as you can (place a DO n times...ENDDO command to build it). Then you will see how many column can the alv grid to support.

With Regards

George

daixiong_jiang3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Actually there is no limit to the columns of ALV.

But once the columns of ALV is greater than 90, the attribute "SLIS_T_FIELDCAT_ALV-NO_OUT" will be set as "X" by the system automaticlly, so if you want to make all the columns visible, just set the attribute "SLIS_T_FIELDCAT_ALV-NO_OUT = space " for all columns.

0 Kudos

I would have to agree with daixiong. Took george's advise and did the testing.

Tested up to 5000 columns.. and its all still on screen. no issue displaying. It would be good if someone would be able to provide some sort of article to confirm the testing.

anyway, will mark this as answered.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

I tested with 10,000 lines and it is displaying all 10,000 columns on my alv.

I used OO ALV grid method and constructed a dynamic structure and generated a fieldcat manually by putting do enddo. And passed to  set_table_for_first_display

Regards

Khaja Kamaluddin