Doc Indexing and website crawling not working
I have created an index and a crawler. The index contains a datasource (which is a web repository manager).
When I reindex the index, no documents are indexed. Also the status of the crawler is inactive (as observed from the Crawler Monitor and TREX Monitor), although hours have elapsed.
Before carrying out the above steps, I performed the following steps:
1) Create a HTTP web system (from Content Mgmt > Global Services)
2) Create a Website eg: CNN (from Content Mgmt > Repository Manager > Global Services)
3) Create a HTML Property and a HTML Property Extractor using it (from Content Mgmt > Repository Managers > Web Property Extractors > HTML Properties)
4) Create a Memory Cache (Content Mgmt > Utilities > Caches > Memory Cache)
5) Create a Web Repository Manager (with Repository Services: 'properties', select the Website, HTML Property Extractor and Memory cache created earlier)
Could you please suggest what might be the reason for the website not being crawled and documents not getting indexed?
Any help would be most welcome.