cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread diagnostics: find out which statement is being proecssed?

former_member192710
Participant
0 Kudos

Folks;

not sure whether what I want is a good and/or doable idea: In order to hunt down a strange performance problem in our environment, I am searching for a way to figure out which (long running) SQL statement is being executed by the database server at the moment. Does any of the tooling provided by MaxDB (Database Studio? dbm[gui|cli])?) allow for doing something like this?

TIA and kindest regards,

Kristian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have an ABAP instance I would "connect" that using transaction DB59 and then

1) turn on command monitor

2) enable dbanalyzer

You can then see in the task manager by pressing on "running commands" which statement is executed. When finished you can also see it in the command monitor.

All that can of course also be done using the DBStudio.

Markus

former_member192710
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus;

and first off, thanks a bunch for your comment on that. I should have mentioned we're using MaxDB in a non-SAP environment so the ABAP way is not an option...

>

> You can then see in the task manager by pressing on "running commands" which statement is executed. When finished you can also see it in the command monitor.

>

> All that can of course also be done using the DBStudio.

So far, however, I fail doing so using the DBStudio; at least in the "Task Manager" I haven't found a way to see what is happening inside the running tasks... am I missing something?

Cheers and thanks again,

Kristian

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So far, however, I fail doing so using the DBStudio; at least in the "Task Manager" I haven't found a way to see what is happening inside the running tasks... am I missing something?

>

Well that's because this feature is not implemented in DBStudio but only in the SAP CCMS transaction.

Anyhow, you may run the query yourself:

select * from running_commands

More on the evaluation of the command monitor can be found in the WIKI

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/MaxDB/Command+Monitor#CommandMonitor-UsingSQLStudio]

regards,

Lars

former_member192710
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a bunch, Lars, this is pretty much what I was looking for.

Best regards,

Kristian

Answers (0)