cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

learning PI: want to connect 2 .net apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm new to SAP, and I am going to make a project on Service Oriented Architecture using Process Integration at my university. I want to make a .net console application (call it Server) which can take some data from a database and an asp.net website that needs this data. I want SAP PI to be between them.

I have some SAP courses including TBIT40. It is said there that systems that will interact through PI have to be added to SLD. Then some interfaces are created in Integration Registry and so on.

I would like to know how should I implement my server and website so that I could add them to SLD? Should they meet some specific requirements? Systems connected via PI communicate with messages, so how should I introduce message-oriented communication to my applications? Do I need to use sockets?

Thanks a lot!

Nikita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the best way would be to go with a webservice in your case

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, I may use webservice as the data source.

What about other questions? How to make my website message-based?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> ok, I may use webservice as the data source.

> What about other questions? How to make my website message-based?

your communication will be via the WS.

your application system can be reg. as a third party system in sld or else u can simply use a business service in ID for this system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I need to make my communication based on PI. Of course it is easier to connect 2 .net apps directly to each other, but my project is only a sample system, and I have to use PI

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your connection will be via PI using the SOAP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you're talking about the connection between PI and the WebService? And how do I connect the website with PI? Or both connections are SOAP-based?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

yes as said above.... you have to expose ur websites's data fetching interfaces as Web services and then you can use the same interface to send data to PI and receive data from PI..

regards,

simraan.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I guess you're talking about the connection between PI and the WebService? And how do I connect the website with PI? Or both connections are SOAP-based?

to connect to WS u can use the SOAP adapter while connecting to websites either the SOAP or the HTTP adapter can be used

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, I'll try that! I hope it is not that hard as it seems to be

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> ok, I'll try that! I hope it is not that hard as it seems to be

it isnt so.. and even in case it turns out to be, do take the help here at SDN. I am sure many will be happy to help

best of luck!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hai,

> yes as said above.... you have to expose ur websites's data fetching interfaces as Web services and then you can use the same interface to send data to PI and receive data from PI..

>

>

> regards,

> simraan.

I don't understand what code do I have to write in my fetching methods on the website:

public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page 
{
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
	TB.Text = GetData();
    }

[WebMethod]
	public string GetData()
	{
	}
}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts, what do I have to write in my fetching method? I want to follow your advice and implement it as a web-service (see WebMethod attribute)

Answers (0)