cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI access from handheld devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement of our users want to access SAP front end and POS data centre from Handheld devices.Can this be done?If yes,what all are the requirements and the process to do it..

ALso i have one more doubt as the screen of any handheld devices are very small what can be done about it to make the view clearer.Please help.

Regards,

Priyanshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me explain you what is done for the hand held devices.

See hand held devices work on C programing and have db2 database utility in them.So in the XMAM system you develop the package and get it bundeled and then get the Zip file and install that file in the hand held device .yu have network card in the Hand held device and it connects to the sap system.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rishi,

I have read about the Netweaver component MI which is used for mobile devices and we are supposed to form a complete new setup for it ie a new installation. is this required? or is there any other alternative for it. Can you explain in more detail whatever you have said and how to go about it. The steps involved in it(and any extra infrastructure required).

Regards,

Priyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Handheld Devices is connected to MI(Middleware systems) and MI is connected through RFC to ECC system.

Middleware server is an SAP WebAS (ABAP + Java) with usage type as MI.

Middleware server by the name itself, acts like middleware between Mobile device clients and ECC system. Data transmits from ECC to Devices and from Devices to ECC through Middleware. In other words, Mobile devices will communicate only with Middleware server.

After Installation, complete MI Template Configuration on Java stack

Connect to Central SLD

Define MI related JCo connections

Generate MI related Roles in ABAP Stack with the help of Security team

Activate MI services in SICF and provide login details where ever required

Deploy SAPJRA application through DeployTool

Deploy DB2e, , WEBSERVER_ADDON, WINDOWS_ADDON on Java stack

Create Trusted RFC Destination from MI to ECC and vice versa

Activate MAM in ECC

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the following will be helpful to you in resolving your problem

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/22/042652488911d189490000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks & regards,

Vidyadhar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 381309 - GUI for Mobile Devices