cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying J2EE Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am planning to Modify some JSPs present in the CRM Internet Sales Application(b2b) using NWDS.

But i am really unawared of steps to be follwoed to import, modify and deploy the application.

Could anybody help me out in this ???

Please note that i am beginner in J2EE.

Thanks

Jack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

in order to import the project:

- paste your project into file system workspace

- from NWDS "IMPORT EXISTING PROJECT INTO WORKSPACE" the browse and get on the folder that contains your project, from workspace

in order to modify the application:

- from NWDS you can see all the project componets (jsp, servlet, class, etc) open your jsp, modify it and save

in order to deploy:

- right click on the projects -> build web archive WAR

- create a new EAR project (File->new->Enterprise Application Project), choose a name for the EAR, then in the Module Project screen select the WAR project, in this way the EAR is able to point the WAR.

- Click finish

- Right click on the EAR project -> BUILD APPLICATION ARCHIVE, this create the EAR file

- Right click on the EAR file just created and then DEPLOY TO J2EE ENGINE

that's all, hope this can help you.

Vito

Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vito

<b>in order to import the project:

- paste your project into file system workspace

- from NWDS "IMPORT EXISTING PROJECT INTO WORKSPACE" the browse and get on the folder that contains your project, from workspace</b>

I took a copy of crm~isauseradmin and saved it in the Desktop. And tried to IMPORT but i am facing Error !!

Error is :<b> C:/ .../zcrusradmin doesnot have a .project file</b>

Any Help !!!

Thanks

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check in the project folder which you ae trying to import contains .project and .classpath . This both file need to be there

hope this helps, please mark helpful answers

regards

rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to find the .project and .classpath file in the Application.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check in the original project (from where you copied )has a .classpath /.project file .If its not present then you will have to create a project and then import all the java and other sources manualy and the libraries to the classpath of the project

hope this helps

regards

rajesh kr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could please Guide me in the steps to create the .project file and .class File ???

Thanks

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For creating web project please see this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bf/3bb0ccccb534459258238a59b77266/frameset.htm

once you have created you can use the import option described in the previos threads for importing sources and related files

For creating ejb project please see this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9f/81bc3890d33441ae79f31aeb5ce323/frameset.htm

For creating EAR project please see this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/08/51ec41b9a24f4a8359c61ae4a02db1/frameset.htm

hope this helps , please mark points for helpful answers

regards

rajeshkr

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to Create a Web Module Application and Enterprise Application.

But Still i am unable to import !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

please, try the following steps:

To import a WAR:

1. Create a J2EE Web Module Project in NW

2. Copy wars/WEB-INF/* into project/WEB-INF of the new NW project created in point 1

3. Copy wars/* in project/webContent of the new NW project created in point 1

To import an EAR:

1. Create a J2EE Ent. Application Project in NW

2. Copy ears/META-INF/application.xml into project/META-INF of the new NW project created in point 1

3. Copy ears/*.jar into project/ of the new NW project created in point 1

Hope this help.

Regards,

Vito

Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vito

I have have done as per the Guidelines given.

When opened the J2EE project, it is not picking up the new Folder Contents moved !!!!!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please,

go to Navigator Panel, right click and Refresh. Then come back to the J2EE Explorer.

Best regards,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack!

I want to know from you bcoz you have a similar application. In my case, XI sends a xml file to my J2EE application. How should my servlet retrieve the xml file.

am confused like

req.getAttribute("?");what should be given here to retrieve the xml file. its urgent any code help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vito/Rajesh

Thanks for all your support.

But i coundnt make up running successsfully.

Let me say you the steps i followed in detail:

1. Created <b>Web Module Project (myISAUserAdmin)</b>

2. Choose myISAUserAdmin node.

Right Click --> Import -->

a. click Browse

b. selected <b>E:\usr\sap\JD2\JC76

\j2ee\cluster\server0

\apps\sap.com\crm~isauseradm\servlet_jsp

\isauseradm\root</b> all the contented present in this folder

(At the SERVLET_JSP folder level , i could see SRC folder. I am not Importing this into NWDS.)

3. I am not modifying any JSPs/Class , since i want to run the same Vannila application with different name.

4. Since we have already web.xml file while we created Web Module Application, i could see a new WebContent/WEB-INF/web.xml. I copied the source of WebContent/WEB-INF/web.xml and pasted into the source of web.xml.

5. Saved the project . Build the WAR file.

6. Created a new EAR project myISAUserAdminEar.

7. Added myISAUserAdmin.War to the Project.

8. Opened the Application.xml

-->selected MODULES tab

-->Selected the WAR name

-->Changed the Context Root name to <b>myISAUserAdmin</b>

9. Saved the EAR project. Built the EAR

10. Slected the generated myISAUserAdmin.Ear -->right click -->selected Deploy to J2EE

11. In the Visual Admin, restarted the deployed Application

These are the things i do for modifying the J2EE application.

Could you please let me know where i am going wrong or missing what ???

Many Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Hi Vito thanks for your answer, Apart from this I have a problem that is

I have SAP Netweaver Developer studio, but I dont Have SAP -j2ee server I want to install it.

Can any body from this thread help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam a beginner for ISA frame work,

I work on Struts frame work before using exadel studio,

When Iam going through the ISA it is much much closer to the strutsframe work,

So what I feel is why don't we use exadel for modifications.

Iam not finding much help in SAP Netweaver.

When we are building ear file manually. what is the need of NWDS.

Since Exadel is for Struts frame work, I feel it will be much usefull if we can do in.

If any body feels Iam wrong I will be very happy to know that causes.

At last I want to know why we are prefering NWDS for ISA frame work.

-devender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devender,

ISA is based on the Struts framework - SAP have just extended it to add different functionality and in some areas to simplify it slightly.

I think you can use any tool you wish to work with ISA - most people here use NDS simply because it is a SAP development tool and most of us are SAP developers!

Don't forget, you can install all sorts of plugins to NDS as it is based on Eclipse - I've seen quite a few that offer jsp and Struts additional functionality.

Of course, if you are comfortable with Exadel then there's nothing stopping you using that. I'm sure some people develop their ISA applications just using Notepad!

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So nice Gareth,

thanks a lot for this.

For a beginnner is it need to go through all jsp,tags all content .

How should I start a programming.

What are the modifications need from b2b.ear

My aim is just to insert a image in login page.

Really appricates the answers from you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I was just reading through this forum and noticed that there is a bit of concern with the fact that CRM 5.0 has changed things a bit.

If it helps anyone I have been succesfully deploying, modifying, and creating web applications using all of my 4.0 tools just fine. Also, with the fact that some of the tools provided are not quite ready for full blown devleopment yet please feel free to contiue to use the process defined for the 4.0 environment.

Use the NWDS as the hub of your environment by pointing your project to the deplyed root folder of the DEV project on the J2EE Server

Use the NWDS as the Debug and Tracing environment of your development envrionment.

use the Export functionailty in the NWDS to export changes only to your build tool

Use the build tool to build your web applications

Use the SDM to deliver the built Applcations to the J2EE for pre testing

When tesitng is doen deliver the tested EAR to the DEV QAS and PRD enviroments.

Hope this helps

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sthepen I have some problems at the moment when I try to insert an item in the basket I'm new in SAP so I don't know where I can modify the name of the following table <b>CRM_ISA_BASKETS</b>

thanks

#1.5#000BCD42CC4F005A0000002000001CE0000426A116665275#1168373214241#com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl#sap.com/crm.b2c_regalos#com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl#Administrator#362####f3645950a01c11dbb4bc000bcd42cc4f#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_30##0#0#Error##Plain###com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: The SQL statement "INSERT INTO "CRM_ISA_BASKETS" ("GUID","CLIENT","SYSTEMID","DESCRIPTION","SHIPCOND","PONUMBEREXT","SHIPTOLINEKEY","CURRENCY","SHOPGUID","DOCUMENTTYPE","GROSSVALUE","TAXVALUE","USERID","NETVALUE","CAMPAIGNKEY","OBJECTID","BPSOLDTOGUID","PREDDOCGUID","PREDDOCTYPE","PREDDOCID","DELIVERYDATE","NETVALUEWOFREIGHT","CREATEMSECS","UPDATEMSECS") VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)" contains the semantics error[s]: table "CRM_ISA_BASKETS" unknown

at com.sap.sql.log.Syslog.createAndLogOpenSQLException(Syslog.java:106)

at com.sap.sql.log.Syslog.createAndLogOpenSQLException(Syslog.java:145)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl.check(StatementAnalyzerImpl.java:46)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl.preprepareStatement(StatementAnalyzerImpl.java:126)

at com.sap.sql.sqlj.common.runtime.StatementAnalyzer.preprepareStatement(StatementAnalyzer.java:62)

at com.sapmarkets.isa.backend.db.dao.osql.SalesDocumentHeaderOSQL_SJStatements.getSqlStatement(SalesDocumentHeaderOSQL.java:1738)

at com.sapmarkets.isa.backend.db.dao.osql.SalesDocumentHeaderOSQL.executeInsert(SalesDocumentHeaderOSQL.java:327)

at com.sapmarkets.isa.backend.db.dao.osql.ObjectOSQL.insert(ObjectOSQL.java:421)

at com.sapmarkets.isa.backend.db.dao.osql.ObjectOSQL.commit(ObjectOSQL.java:331)

at com.sapmarkets.isa.backend.db.dao.osql.ObjectOSQL.synchToDB(ObjectOSQL.java:346)

at com.sapmarkets.isa.backend.db.ObjectDB.synchToDB(ObjectDB.java:219)

at com.sapmarkets.isa.backend.db.order.SalesDocumentHeaderDB.synchToDB(SalesDocumentHeaderDB.java:1312)

at com.sapmarkets.isa.backend.db.SalesDocumentDB.createInBackend(SalesDocumentDB.java:653)

at com.sapmarkets.isa.businessobject.SalesDocument.init(SalesDocument.java:1748)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

For starters you should read through this thread - - where there is a good discussion on how to work with the CRM ISA .ear applications.

You will also need the CRM ISA Dev guide and the SAP Build Tool and it's documentation.

Editing the B2B or B2C applications in NDS isn't straight forward but can be done.

All of the advice you have been given already may be a bit confusing as it is referring to more normal J2EE applications which the CRM ISA apps aren't!! You HAVE to use the SAP ISA Build Tool to create your custom project folders before you can start editing any of the jsp's, java, xml, etc...

Hope this helps,

Gareth Ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i agree Gareth !!!

But i am using NDWS based on 2004s and CRM 5.

To my understanding, we donot want to configure (like we do suing Buldtool in CRM 4.0) anything for modifying the SAP J2EE application.

Please correct me if i am wrong !!!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack

Wanted to check with if you have u deployed the original application earlier then either u need to change the <context-root>name in application.xml of your ear project.

If changed then fine , also can you please tell what error are you getting after doing these changes

hope this helps , please mark helpful answers

regards

rajeshkr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh

>>Wanted to check with if you have u deployed the >>original application earlier then either u need to >>change the <context-root>name in application.xml of >>your ear project.

What this means ???

On my EAR Project, I have changed the Context Root name as myISA. Then i haev built the EAR and deplyed !!!!

Silly Question!!!

What is the URL for starting my ISAUserAdmin ??

Should i have to use

http://jd1.sap.point:57500/myISA/init.do?

(I get Error <b>[javax.servlet.ServletException: Initialization of Extended Configuration Management failed.].</b> when i use this URL)

or should i have to go with

http://jd1.sap.point:57500/myISA/start.jsp

( I get <b>Application error occurred during the request procession.

Details: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.WebIOException</b> when i use this url)

Any Help !!!

Message was edited by: Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Sorry! Didn't realise you were working with CRM5! I haven't had a chance to do any work with version 5 yet so don't even know where to start.

Sorry,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gareth

I hope we both started working on CRM 4 on same time (sometime during last June 2005).

Now i moved into CRM 5 !!!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - just as I was beginning to understand CRM 4.0 SAP released version 5

I'm now doing some Web Dynpro development so I have no access to CRM 5...

Good luck anyway!

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jack

can u please post the exception stack trace in your

defaulttrc.trc log file when u try accesing this app?

regards

rajeshkr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh

Defaulttrc.trc file contains the following when i access the apps.

Processing HTTP request to servlet [jsp] finished with error.

The error is: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.

exceptions.WebIOException: Internal error while parsing JSP page [E:/usr/sap/JD2/JC76/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/

myUserAdminApps01/servlet_jsp/zuseradmin01/root/start.jsp].

Exception id: [0015605365DE00560000005F000017840004148330BBFFE5]

sorry i cudnt catch you earlier !!! Bit busy on other priority work. !

A quick Question: Do we need a separate XCM Configuration settings ?

Thanks

Message was edited by: Jack