cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion iVIew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still not able to configure the KM Discussion iView.

Please help. I dont want the "Add To Favorite" and "Subscribe" buttons on the main view.

I also dont want the "Send to" link which is visible next to the other links like Reply etc; when we go into a particular discussion topic.

Can someone plesase help me?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create the KM Discussions iView it is not showing me the layout set name in the iView "Properties" list.

Regards

Paddie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Sorry for sounding so stupid. But I dont know where to start making the changes.

I have created a KM Discussions iView. WHat I need to do is:

1. Take off the "Add to Favorites" and "Subscription" buttons. (I could take off the "Delete all topics" button, using some options in the permissions settings)

2.Remove the hyper links for the "Author" column.

I have this document, "How To... Configure Commands in KM Navigation iViews", it says in step one to determine the layout set of the iView.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Paddie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paddie,

I guess u r talking about the add to favourites and subscribe link at the discussion level that shows the different posts..

to do this, u need to change the command group used by the layout set that u use in the discusiion iview.

The layout set discussion groups that v use in the km discussion iview in turn uses a command group called

<b>SingleDiscHeaderActionGroup</b> under <i>content management->Userinterface-> commands-command groups</i>.which contains the command list for these two links. Remove the two commands in the command list property of this group and thus ur requirement is achieved.

Hope that helped,

Best Regards

Uma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Thanks for the reply I removed the 2 entries

"create_favorite,SingleDiscHeaderSubscription" under Content Management/User Interface/Commands/UI Command Groups -> SingleDiscHeaderActionGroup in the command list entry.

But I still see the Add to Favourites and Subscription buttons.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks and Regards

Paddie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello..

U maust change some entries in the relating command groups..

1) System Administration/System Configuration/Knowledge Management/User Interface/Commands/UI Command Groups

2) Search for "discussion" -> aply filter

3) DiscussionGroupCollectionContributorCommandGroup delete ResourceUserRelatedActionsGroup(expanded) or/and delete the same in DiscussionGroupListContributorCommandGroup.

I guess that u mean DiscussionGroupCollectionContributorCommandGroup...

regards, christian

Message was edited by:

christian fürnsinn

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paddie,

in everything should be given. So instead of repeating everything, I would just like to ask where your concrete problem is with the things given?!

Best regards

Detlev