cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Console Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have upgraded our MDM 5.5 SP06 Server to MDM 7.1 SP03. All the applications (MDS, MDIS, MDSS) are now running on the same solarix sparc box. We are able to start and stop these applications by command sapcontrol on the server. We have also installed the new MDM console 7.1 on a seperate windows machine.

But when we connect from MDM console and try to mount the MDM server, its get mounted and shows the status stopped, even though the server is running.

When we try to start the server from console, it asks for the user id and the password. We tried giving all the user ids and passwords includint <sid>adm. But it gives error saying "Call to SAPWebServiceStartInstance failed with error: Invalid Credentials".

Please help...

Regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM console 7.1 patch 03 has resolved the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

where can I get that patch? any link provide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try user as Admin withour giving password.

Hope this will work for you.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Reason could be your Windows machine on which MDM Console is installed is not in communication link with the machine in which MDM Server is installed. Even if you try to mount any unknown server it will show it in stopped state.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitesh and Mohit,

My client pc can connect successfully to MDM server as it is my own pc and i connect all the servers from the same.

I tried with user id admin with no password but the same error

Is there any configuration file need to be setup for the MDM console?

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Try to mount your MDM Server using IP Address instead of Server name.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitesh,

But no profit , same problem with IP address also.

While connecting MDM server does we required to provide system numbers as we have three numbers 40, 42, 44 for MDS. MDIS and MDSS?

I tried to connect the MDS server with address hostname 40 but then also same problem.

Please help.

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My problem got solved.

I updated the patch 03 for MDM 7.1 colsole and it started working as desired.

Thanks to all for your help.

Regards

Manoj