cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data for route in shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Guru's,

Client has a requirement to create a new plant with stock transfer scenarios in SD. We have route determinaion in place and require new routes to be determined from this new plant to various other plants.

I got information from one of the user that, route can be maintained through master data and doesn't involve any config.

As per my knowledge, creating new routes for new plant to different other existing plants to be done in IMG config.

Can anyone please tell me, does this activity to be handled through Master data maintenance or through configuration for route determination.

If it can be done through Master data maintenance, what are the masters to be maintained and please mention the transaction codes to do so.

Thanks & regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly refer the link.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/RouteDeterminationInSalesOrder

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the determination are configuration only. and its determination is based upon the master data. You have to configure route based on the new plant.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja,

"and its determination is based upon the master data"

New routes to be determined for new plant and this will be done through configuration, this point i have understood. Can you please elaborate on the above statement.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See Routes is determined based on the following factor....

1. departure zone of the shipping point

2. Shipping conditions

3. Transportation group of the material It will come from the Material Masteru2014Sales general/Plant

4. Receiving zone of the ship to Party.

Now based upon the these data while creating sales order the System will search for determination which you have configured.

for example

Say Dep zone is 0001, Shipping condition is 001, Trnasporation group is 001 and Receiving zone is 0000025 and then route is 0002

So when these criteria will fulfill in order your route 0002 will come.

thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am not able to understand your scenario properly.

Route is generally defined between plant to the customer destination point.

But you want to define for the other plant that makes it little bit confusing.

So can you explain your criteria once again.

You can maintain the determination for the route by going to the following path.

IMG u2013 SD u2013 Basic Function u2013 Routes u2013 Route determination u2013 maintain route determination.

Over here you can maintain the route.

So you have to do these setting for determining the route.

Master data used over here is to determine the proper route.

Regards

Raj.