cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending SMS in the absence of MI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on a scenario in which we need to send about 2000 SMSs per day. We would like to know if there is an approach other than Mobile Infrastructure to send such a load from SAP R3.

regards,

Milan Thaker.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you know the recepients and the message text in advance, you can write a simple report which will send SMS from R3 server. SAP has provided the basic APIs to send an SMS.

And if you schedule this report to run daily, it would solve your problem. But if your recepients/messages are of dynamic nature, then it is recommened to use Mobile to achieve this.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes it is possible in SAP to send SMS without MI.Please refer below SAP notes for more details::

SAP NOTE 45529,455142

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we have any free SMS service provider. That we can use in a POC to test the scenario.

regards,

Milan Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes we have way2sms.com service provider.From this you can send free SMS.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can we use this site in SAP (SCOT) to send the SMS from SAP....?

regards,

Milan Thaker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use SCOT for sending SMS from R3 system. But you need to configure your system first for sending SMS.

May be for POC purpose, you can configure it as pager service.

Regards,

Ramanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will be using a Pager service. I would like to know is how will i use the free service provider(way2sms.com) in scot.

Incase of sending an Email we give the Ip adress and port. Similarly what connectivity information am i suppose to provide in Scot (of the service provider) to establish a link with them.

regards,

Milan Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to configure the application server specifying the protocol and port information.

This can be done by using RZ10 transaction.

Then you need to maintain the name of the pager service using SA14.(This service will be used in SCOT transaction)

Then goto SCOT transaction and configure the SMTP service. You can specify the SMS gateway address in Mail Host section.

The mobile number format can be specified in the same screen.

Additionally, you can use transaction SOST to track the sms messages being sent from the R3 server.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we require an SMS service provider in this case.?

regards,

Milan Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yess.. SMS service provider is definitely needed.

This can be specified as Mail Host during SMTP configuration. This will act as SMS Gateway for the Pager service and send SMS whenever the corresponding APIs are made to send SMS.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So incase if i have to use way2sms.com (service provider) as mentioned by Mohit.

What information (of way2sms.com) do i need to provide in SMTP configuration.

regards,

Milan Thaker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of R3 server, we specify the message server address which is typically something like smsserver.wdf.sap.corp.

I am not sure what needs to be specified in case of non-R3 service provider.

Regards,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we have any free R3 service provider.

Regards,

Milan Thaker