Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sender_interface_name in Variable Substitution in Receiver File Adapter CC

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per this page : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/frameset.htm

it says:

Variable Substitution (Target Directory/File Name Scheme) If you set the Enable indicator, you can enter variables for the Target Directory and File Name Scheme. Enter the names of the variables and references in the table. ● Enter each variable that you reference in the Target Directory and File Name Scheme fields without the surrounding percentage sign under Name of Variables in the table. The variables can refer to attributes of the message header or elements of the message payload. ○ If the variables are to refer to an attribute of the message header, add the prefix message: to the name of the variable under Reference. You can specify the following attributes of the message header: sender_party, sender_service, receiver_party, receiver_service, interface_name, interface_namespace, message_id, message_id_hex

Can we not access sender_interface_name and sender_interface_namespace are not mentioned in above list of variables.

Is it not possible to access sender_interface_name or sender_interface_namespace as variable substitute parameters from within Receiver File Adapter Communication channel.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

never tried but ideally it should be the sender info.

why dont you try it out and let us know if it takes the sender or receiver

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>Shabarish Vijayakumar wrote:

>>never tried but ideally it should be the sender info.

>>why dont you try it out and let us know if it takes the sender or receiver

yes, i tried, it is the interface_name and interface_namespace are of receiver and not the sender.

in my case, i am using a generic FileReceiver Communication Channel, with a fixed Target Directory. But my FileNames should be something like:

senderInterfaceName_to_receiverInterfaceName_timeStamp.xml.

so that my different receiver applications can know which files belong to them by looking on the fileNames present in the target directory.

so when i tried using different variable substitution parameters, i could get receiver_interface_name, but i need to get both sender and receiver interface names.

thanks.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the sender interface details will always remain a constant

so you can hard code the value, isnt it?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you look at the mapping runtime constants, those are also for the receiver since the sender interface will always remain constant for any particular CC.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b3/9a2aeb24dc4ab6b1855c99157529e4/content.htm

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>the sender interface details will always remain a constant

>>so you can hard code the value, isnt it?

Yes, i can hardcode, thats not a bad idea, i need to create then 3 different Reciever File Communication Channel objects, as I am dealing with 3 scenarios for which sender system and sender interface is different.

>>if you look at the mapping runtime constants, those are also for the receiver since the sender interface will always remain constant for any particular CC.

>>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b3/9a2aeb24dc4ab6b1855c99157529e4/content.htm

yes in this link you provided i can see..

INTERFACE	Interface
INTERFACE_NAMESPACE	InterfaceNamespace
SENDER_SERVICE	SenderService
RECEIVER_SERVICE ReceiverService
RECEIVER_NAME	ReceiverName
RECEIVER_NAMESPACE	ReceiverNamespace

it seems both INTERFACE (,INTERFACE_NAMESPACE) and RECEIVER_NAME(,RECEIVER_NAMESPACE) are present, may be one is for sender, and another is for receiver.. may be if i use dynamic configuration, possibly my issue would be addressed.. correct me if i am wrong.

thanks.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

INTERFACE Interface

INTERFACE_NAMESPACE InterfaceNamespace

those are again for the receiver i guess. go ahead and hard code the sender interface and for the receiver your can use variable substitution or dynamic conf.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
those are again for the receiver i guess.

it should not be so.

For receiver they have specifically specified the namespace constant as RECEIVER_NAMESPACE

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>>go ahead and hard code the sender interface and for the receiver your can use variable substitution or dynamic conf.

this just asking out of curiosity, arent there any strengths/additional capabilities that dynamic conf can offer when compared to variable substitution.

this i am asking as Shabarish (the writer of the blog /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name) is trying to convey that sender_interface_name may not be retrieved with dynamic conf.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> >Shabarish Vijayakumar wrote:

> >>go ahead and hard code the sender interface and for the receiver your can use variable substitution or dynamic conf.

>

> this just asking out of curiosity, arent there any strengths/additional capabilities that dynamic conf can offer when compared to variable substitution.

> this i am asking as Shabarish (the writer of the blog /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name) is trying to convey that sender_interface_name may not be retrieved with dynamic conf.

the sender interface name always remains a constant, while the receiver interface can change during runtime (multiple routing based multiple interfaces) maybe thats y sap didnt provide an option to access the sender interface. but u still can try the dyn. conf to confirm if it isnt accessible or not.

the strength of dynamic configuration is that you can access and set various other adapter specific attribute. it is also not restricted to the file adapter only.

ref the adapter specific attributes available for each adapter to know more

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

-->We can achive this using the variable substituton use the prefix as message and mainain the required parameter which you want to achive as the file name.

-->refer this blog

/people/pavan.kumar110/blog/2009/08/05/processing-multiple-files-in-source-system-and-target-system

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasanna93
Explorer

Can i know how to get the file name in pass through scenario using variable substitution.

Appreciate the response

former_member202642
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

You can not get file name in pass-through scenario using variable substitution.

The only way you can get file name in pass-through is via Adapter Specific Message Attributes.

Thanks,

Aamir

former_member190293
Active Contributor

Hi!

Wouldn't you please clarify, why you want to use variable substitution instead of using ASMA attributes? Do you need to compose different file name using the source file name or what else?

Regards, Evegniy.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am not wrong interface_name and interface_namespace are of the sender.

Regards,

Abhishek.