SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS_U billing and Invoicing tickets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I for the following errors while running IS_U billing and invoicing. Can anybody help me with right solutions?

1. In Invoice execution, error 'record 9000121411 not found in table EVER'?

2.Billing error: Operand factor error

3. Manual billing is not reflecting the new IS_U contract (stoill showing old contract) ?

Highly appreciate your earliest reply.

thanks

DGR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

it says contract 90---is not foound in the table ever....so just check if any deletion have been performed or archiving have been perfomed for that contract.is the contract created from crm or in isu>??

kr

raj

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

anu_p4
Explorer
0 Kudos

See my first guess below:

1. In Invoice execution, error 'record 9000121411 not found in table EVER'?

I think that the data you are trying to bill does not have a an active contract in the bill period you are billing for (unless you are creating a FINAL bill). This may be something you may have verified already, but I would suggest just in case go and check EVER table for the contract you are billing for is an active contract?

2.Billing error: Operand factor error

The OPERAND value is missing in the billing period. It has to be available in either Installation facts, RCfacts or rate facts for billing to pass on the operand value for further calculations.

3. Manual billing is not reflecting the new IS_U contract (stoill showing old contract) ?

Can you clarify on this one? When you said manual bill - Is it created through EA16? If it is created through EA16, then you have a choice of entering the correct contract in it on the screen itself.

Hope this helps in your investigation.

-Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks and appreciate for your quick response. It's really helpful to understand the Cause.

Yes, in Manual billing it is still showing old contract.

No, we didn't use EA16 for manual billing. We used only EASIBI.

thanks and regards

DGR

Former Member
0 Kudos

it says contract 90---is not foound in the table ever....so just check if any deletion have been performed or archiving have been perfomed for that contract.is the contract created from crm or in isu>??

kr

raj

0 Kudos

Thanks and appreciate your quick answer. It is helpful.