cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport got overwrite.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm new basis, so please help me on this. I have done a trasport last week to our production server last week and change was there at that time. But now it has been overwrite some how. How can I trace and rectify how this has happen?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
have done a trasport last week to our production server last week and change was there at that time. But now it has been overwrite some how. How can I trace and rectify how this has happen

do you know what was there inside the transport? if it was a program/reprot, then login to your DEV system where modifications are done. go the corresponding tcode e.g. SE38 for program, give the program name, Utilities -> Version management. it will show you list of transports that has modified the programs.

then do the same version management check, in PRD and see which transport has changed the program in PRD. (remember, in PRD only the active version of the program can be seen)

well, if you're from Basis, please let your ABAPer fix the issue. but you can check if any transport has overwritten the previous changes.

Regards,

Debasis.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may have happened due to the subsequent transports. You can check via SE03-> transport orgnizer tools-> objects in requests -> seach for object in request/task.

You can also check SE16-> E070 table for all the transports since that day.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check which requests have been moved to production after that transport and what is there in those transports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are so many after that, is there a way that I can look, what are the modifieds objects by this transport and, what other transports has change these objects??

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you want to check the version of the program/object involved in that transport ? Ask your ABAPer to check it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8f/b71da23626604fb8da4b672edf853f/content.htm

I am not sure for the above link, but yes we were able to catch the same situation by finding the version and one case was index got disabled as another sap transport got overwrited over a z-transport, then we looked by below methods

or if it is an index supplied for a table, you can check se11,se14 -> index