Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Model - Import Adaptive RFC Model - NullPointerException

Former Member
0 Kudos

<h1>Create Model - Import Adaptive RFC Model - NullPointerException.</h1><br>

<br>

Windows XP sp3, NWDS 7.0.14.<br>

Works fine if I use 'Single Server' option for logging on to AS ABAP trial version.<br>

But if I use 'Load Balancing' option I get a null pointer exception (see stack trace below).<br>

<br>

Why?<br>

<br>

I don't believe this is anything to do with the logon parameters I am using because if I try with AS ABAP not running:<br>

With 'Single Server' option I get 'Connect to SAP gateway failed'.<br>

With 'Load Balancing' I get the same NullPointerException.<br>

<br>

I also cannot get any values in the 'System' dropdown on the 'Load Balancing' tab despite having set up sapmsg.ini and logon pad working fine when connecting via the message server (it is a minor problem and may be a totally different issue).<br>

<br>

*******************<br>

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NullPointerException)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2330)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:101)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:1999)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1733)<br>

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.block(ModalContext.java:136)<br>

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:261)<br>

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:758)<br>

at com.sap.ide.jcb.core.wizardpages.SAPLogonPage.connectToServer(SAPLogonPage.java:1699)<br>

at com.sap.ide.jcb.core.wizardpages.SAPLogonPage.getNextPage(SAPLogonPage.java:1791)<br>

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:677)<br>

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.modeleditor.wizards.model.creation.ModelDialog.nextPressed(ModelDialog.java:223)<br>

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:316)<br>

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$1.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:423)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:840)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2022)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1729)<br>

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:583)<br>

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:563)<br>

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.modeleditor.ModelEditorCallback.createModel(ModelEditorCallback.java:52)<br>

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.service.modeleditor.ModelService.createModelWithUI(ModelService.java:70)<br>

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.service.modeleditor.ServiceWithUI.createModel(ServiceWithUI.java:49)<br>

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.tsmodel.application.provider.ModelNodeProvider.createUniqueName(ModelNodeProvider.java:55)<br>

at com.tssap.selena.impl.model.elements.EntityImpl.createChildEntityUin(EntityImpl.java:936)<br>

at com.tssap.selena.impl.model.elements.EntityImpl.createChildEntity(EntityImpl.java:502)<br>

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.tsmodel.application.actions.CreationAction.runInternal(CreationAction.java:76)<br>

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.tsmodel.application.actions.CreationAction.access$000(CreationAction.java:24)<br>

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.tsmodel.application.actions.CreationAction$1.run(CreationAction.java:51)<br>

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1595)<br>

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.tsmodel.application.actions.CreationAction.run(CreationAction.java:57)<br>

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.projectbrowser.actions.PBCreateModelAction.run(PBCreateModelAction.java:95)<br>

at com.tssap.selena.model.extension.action.SelenaActionCollector$GenericElementActionWrapper.run(SelenaActionCollector.java:224)<br>

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$MuSiAction.saveRunAction(MenuFactory.java:1425)<br>

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$MuSiAction.run(MenuFactory.java:1407)<br>

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$DelegateAction.processInternal(MenuFactory.java:616)<br>

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$DelegateAction.access$100(MenuFactory.java:586)<br>

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$DelegateAction$BusyProcessWorker.run(MenuFactory.java:716)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)<br>

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.MenuFactory$DelegateAction.process(MenuFactory.java:610)<br>

at com.tssap.util.ui.menu.internal.MenuListenerFactory$ProcessAdapter.widgetSelected(MenuListenerFactory.java:172)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:840)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2022)<br>

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1729)<br>

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)<br>

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)<br>

at com.tssap.util.startup.WBLauncher.run(WBLauncher.java:79)<br>

at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)<br>

at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)<br>

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)<br>

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)<br>

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)<br>

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)<br>

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)<br>

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.run(Main.java:789)<br>

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.startup.Main.main(Main.java:607)<br>

*******************<br>

Thank you,<br>

<br>

Richard.<br>

Edited by: Richard Carter on Sep 1, 2009 11:59 PM

Edited by: Richard Carter on Sep 2, 2009 12:00 AM

Edited by: Richard Carter on Sep 2, 2009 12:01 AM

Edited by: Richard Carter on Sep 2, 2009 12:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Replace the "librfc32.dll" (from SAP GUI) in C:\Windows\system32 with a newer Version; sapjco.jar does not work properly with wrong versions of this dll.

It will sove your problem.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup.<br>

<br>

This was a recent download of NWDS bundled with AS java for Windows trial version. I have librfc32.dll modified 25/11/2008 and librfc32u.dll modified 8/10/2008. Do you know of more recent versions and where I can get them? I can no longer find the AS java for Windows download I used, only one for Linux. Maybe Netweaver CE?<br>

I am not sure this is a jCo problem at all as the single server option works fine.<br>

<br>

Regards,<br>

<br>

Richard.<br>

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have a look in following [RFC- Troubleshooting Guide|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f3f93ee7-0c01-0010-2593-d7c28b5377c2&overridelayout=true]doc :

BR

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish.<br>

<br>

Thanks for your suggestion, I looked through the article, there is some good stuff in there and some good links but most of it relates to jCo connections from the J2ee engine to AS ABAP. Only one of the errors is a null pointer, the rest are more informative. The null pointer exception is related to set up in the SLD. As far as I know NWDS connects directly to AS ABAP to pull in model data, the fact that I can pull model data through by logging on to a specific server indicates that the RFC connection throught the gateway is fine (whether or not it uses a jCo in the background) and this works without the J2EE engine or SLD up and running. I don't think it gets that far. If the login parameters are wrong there is a delay while NWDS attempts to login, the NullPointerException comes up immediately I hit the 'Next' button in the wizard.<br>

<br>

Regards,<br>

<br>

Richard.<br>