Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Place file in 2 different folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have Idoc to file scenario.

Depending on the date field in the IDoc i create 3 files in the 3 diffrent folders ehich is working fine.

If the date has no value i place it in Create Folder.

if the date field has a value i place it in Update folder.

Now i want even if the update field has a value i have to place it in both Create and Update folder.

Please suggest how should I do this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

How you are handling the routing now? It should be pretty straight forward rule, but provide us the detail so that someone can help you out.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Message Mapping I am checking the if the date doesnt have a value then i create the 1st message.

If it has value then it creates the 2nd message.

In the message mapping i have addes 2 messages for receiver depending on the date condition any 1 message is created.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the mapping, where you have mentioned the condition for date fields, use update field as well.

if (date = 'null' or update != 'null') -> Create Folder

if (date != 'null' or update != 'null') -> Update Folder

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently PI checks the update date to decide whether to put the file into the Create folder or the Update folder.

I need for PI to continue to check the date, but to put message with an update date into the Create folder as well as the update folder.

Which means when update message is created i need to place it in Create folder as well as Update folder.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to say, but I am now confused with your requirement.

It will be helpful if you can explain it properly.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Idoc to multiple file scenario.

I check in the IDoc for Date field.

If it is doesnt have value i map of Message1 which creates a file and is placed in Create folder.

if it has a value i map it to Message 2 which creates a file and placed in Update folder.

Now I want that even though there is value in the date field i want message 2 file to be placed in create and update folder both.

Hope it is clear now

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you have created 3 Interface Mappings (if not then let me know who many mappings & IM you have created). If yes then as per my understanding it can be solved by putting the conditions in Interface Determination in ID.

--Sarvesh

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am correct, you want to change the second condition so that the file gets created in the create folder as well.

For this what you should do is

1. Create two Business Services in ID (For Create CC and other for Update CC)

Do receiver determination and add the both BS using + sign

add a condition in the Update BS so that whenever the value of date field is present route the message to Update CC.

Hope it helps

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

According to my understanding your requirement is ,based on the date field we need to place a file in different directories.

Use dynamic configuration in the file channel and in message mapping write a UDF for setting the dynamic configuration.

Thanks,

Ramkiran.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use a BPM and do the necessary routing...

Regards