Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

ABC analysis and MC40

hi-

Environment : ECC6.0

We use the standard MIBC-ABC analysis which changes the ABCD indicators based on the turnover or u can say consumption.

Scenario:

We have low cost value components (say Bolts) but have a high usage/consumption. So based on ABC indicators, they come up for counting very ofter. We dont want to count them every month due to their low value but would like to make them available in standard SAP ABC analysis.

And NO, we dont want to fix the CC indicators for these bolts.

My question as per following?

(1) How can i achieve a situation that when the ABC analysis runs and provides a report that Bolts are A ( high consumption indicator-monthly), i am able to change the CC indicators subsequently for the Bolts to D ( once a year) so that i dont do the inventory count for them. ( I dont want to use MM17)

(2) Can i run MIBC analysis and then execute MC 40 for bolts (if this T-code will assist me since i dont know much about this T-code)?

(3) Can i just run MC40 or is there another T-code which will assist me?

(4) Is there a process in Standard SAP which will be enble me to achieve my requriement.

Looking for any information you all can share.

Thanks

Former Member
replied

No you cant. MC40 does not do any updates for CC.

Updates for CC indicator can only be made with MICN or manually within material master maintenance in MM02.

You can run MICN and update the CC indicators directly by setting the flag for update in the selection screen.

You can run MICN and just get the proposal list first. you can double click an entry in the proposal list to manually change the proposed indicator to an indicator you like to have. Then you can post the CC indactor by clicking the save button.

of course you can run MICN twice. first to update all, and a second run only for a few materials to update just these with the indicators you want.

However, if you set the cycle count fix indicator in material master for these few materials that shall get different incators than the proposal, then the MICN run will only update materials that do not have the fixed indicator. And you dont need to do this manual changes when ever you run MICN

Edited by: Jürgen L. on Sep 2, 2009 12:19 AM

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question