Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABC analysis and MC40

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi-

Environment : ECC6.0

We use the standard MIBC-ABC analysis which changes the ABCD indicators based on the turnover or u can say consumption.

Scenario:

We have low cost value components (say Bolts) but have a high usage/consumption. So based on ABC indicators, they come up for counting very ofter. We dont want to count them every month due to their low value but would like to make them available in standard SAP ABC analysis.

And NO, we dont want to fix the CC indicators for these bolts.

My question as per following?

(1) How can i achieve a situation that when the ABC analysis runs and provides a report that Bolts are A ( high consumption indicator-monthly), i am able to change the CC indicators subsequently for the Bolts to D ( once a year) so that i dont do the inventory count for them. ( I dont want to use MM17)

(2) Can i run MIBC analysis and then execute MC 40 for bolts (if this T-code will assist me since i dont know much about this T-code)?

(3) Can i just run MC40 or is there another T-code which will assist me?

(4) Is there a process in Standard SAP which will be enble me to achieve my requriement.

Looking for any information you all can share.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sap has 3 abc analysis, MIBC and MC40 and MC41

MC40 and MC41 dont need customizing, setting can be made in selection screen.

ABC analysis for cycle count MIBC needs customizing.

In MRP1 view the field name is MARC-MAABC while on storage location view the field name is MARC-ABCIN.

The one on storage location view is used for cycle count, and includes ABC and D, and is caclulated by MIBC transaction.

The indicator in MRP1 view is calculated and updated by MC40 and MC41 transaction

MICN is the only one that can update the indicator used for cycle counting.

if you execute both transaction with same settings, then there should be the same result.

However, pretty often the cycle count indicators are precalculated by MICN based on consumption, but then individual items are changed to get a different indicator for specific reasons.

You may have a low value item, which is very important for your processes.

Based on consumption values it may get indicator C, but if you have differences on that item then it is a critical factor for your business, hence you want count it more often, thus you would manually change it to B or even A. (which can be done directly from the MICN report)

The focus on both indicators can be equal in many companies, but may also be different in other companies, hence you need 2 indicators for ABC analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

MICN is the only one that can update the indicator used for cycle counting.

Once MICN updates the Cycle count indicators, can i then go into MC40 or similar T-code, select the range of materials or material types for the BOLTS in the input screen and make a change on the CC indicators manually to D ( annual count)?

However, pretty often the cycle count indicators are precalculated by MICN based on consumption, but then individual items are changed to get a different indicator for specific reasons.

You may have a low value item, which is very important for your processes.

Based on consumption values it may get indicator C, but if you have differences on that item then it is a critical factor for your business, hence you want count it more often, thus you would manually change it to B or even A. (which can be done directly from the MICN report)

My requirement is : I have low value materials in high qty which show in Monthly inventory count due to high consumption. This is my target group to change the CC indicatos to C or D.

When you indicate i can manually change in MICN report, does it mean that i need to run MICN report twice, first to get the actual ABC analysis and then second time, select the materials (BOLT), generate a report and change the CC indicators.

I do see an option to input materials in the input screen of MICN but i dont see the option to input or provide the required CC indicators as a manual input.

If you could provide more information on the sequence of steps, it is appreciated.

Appreciate your support.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No you cant. MC40 does not do any updates for CC.

Updates for CC indicator can only be made with MICN or manually within material master maintenance in MM02.

You can run MICN and update the CC indicators directly by setting the flag for update in the selection screen.

You can run MICN and just get the proposal list first. you can double click an entry in the proposal list to manually change the proposed indicator to an indicator you like to have. Then you can post the CC indactor by clicking the save button.

of course you can run MICN twice. first to update all, and a second run only for a few materials to update just these with the indicators you want.

However, if you set the cycle count fix indicator in material master for these few materials that shall get different incators than the proposal, then the MICN run will only update materials that do not have the fixed indicator. And you dont need to do this manual changes when ever you run MICN

Edited by: Jürgen L. on Sep 2, 2009 12:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi-

I have a further question on the issue.

I have done some testing and wanted to clarify what you had mentioned earlier.

Do i need to run MIBC ---_ Get the system proposed list of ABC indicators for the materials- -> then Change CC indicators through the option "Change CC indicator" first?

Then go to MICN and run the analysis so that it would then show the CC indicator for the chose materials in the list as per the changes done in MIBC and then run the Batch input process?

Thanks again for your input earlier and wait for your response for above.

Answers (0)