cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Account determination for business partner items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I need to understand how does the account determination works for business partner items. I know that al trx VKOA is where I can customize the account that is gonna be used at the GL items, but I can't find where is the customizing of the accounts for the business partner items. Could you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Fred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Can you please elaborate more on what you mean by Business Partner items.

Regards

Yatin Thakkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you create a billing document (trx VF01) in SD, you can then go to trx FPE3 and the this document from a finantial point of view.

In trx FPE3 you will see the ducument splited in two parts, the business partner items and the GL items. If you doble click over any line of the GL items (excluding taxes) you will see more information about this line and one of it is the GL account. This account is set via trx VKOA.

Going back, if you doble click over any line of the Business partner items, you will see more information about this line and one of it is the GL account. But in this case I don't know where it should be customized.

I hope I was clear enoght.

Regards,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

I am not so sure about this but it's worth trying.

Can you check the settings by following the below path:

SPRO: Financial accounting(New) : Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable :Basic Functions :Postings and Documents : Basic Settings : Maintain Central Settings for Posting

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

"Going back, if you doble click over any line of the Business partner items, you will see more information about this line and one of it is the GL account. But in this case I don't know where it should be customized."

This account comes from customer master..reconciliation account. For some scenarios customer number is also behaving as customer account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fred,

Usually that second part other than G/L account entry is customer account itself. This should be the payer account from the billin document which would be customer invoice. The G/L account that would appear along with the payer account is the one that is maintained in the customer master of that payer under company code data.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, finally I found it. The customizing has to be done at trx OV64.

Thanks a lot for your aswers!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As u mentioned that VKOA is the area where u can mainatain the parameter for Automatic account determination..

Now come to ur concern , as v know there is by default 5-6 table in which one parameter is "Account assignment group for Customer" which also maintained in sales area level under billing tab..

If i m not wrong system try to post account for Business partner based on this, above all reconcialation account is there which gives final value which can be reported based on the sort key maintained for Business partner..

Correct me if i went wrong..

Thanks

Mahesh