cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Backend for APO system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I have a scenario to connect multiple backend (ERP system Ehp4) to the APO system (7.0 SP 03). The ERP development system & ERP support system will be connected to one APO system which will be used for development.

the query is,

1. will there be any problem in this kind of landscape (for txn data, master data & transports)

2. does SAP give any standard feature to connect this way

3. how can the data from one APO identified uniquely to be sent to different ERP systems.

4. generally what are the difficulties in this scenario?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards,

Vasudevan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Multiple backend ystem is a common practice in SAP APO.

This is the standard feature of SAP standard practice.

You have to define the logical system in respective R/3 systems and then CIF customization process you have to follw.

based on your naming conversion (logical system) the data is going to be communicated.

There are no such difficulties but problem is there in APO to understand the same product data from different systems.

Some times it creates confusion if your planning book and maxcro design is not well configured.

Regards,

Santosh Kumar Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have connected multiple ERP systems with APO and it works fine in the way from ERP to APO. But we are facing cif errors on the way from APO to ERP. E. g. planned orders which are created in APO are getting the cif error "problems with different base unit of measurements. In the cif queue we are getting the error "Faulty base unit of quantity xyz for material 4711!!

Is it possible to work with multiple ERP system with different Base Unit of Measurements?

Kind regards,

Louis

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Definitely APO can be connected to multiple R/3 systems.

1. You need to maintain the BSG group to differentiate the 2 R/3 systems. Please read SAP help on BSG.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/ba/737b3704716066e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

The BSG helps to differentiate master data between the 2 or more R/3 systems

2. CIF setting (CFM1 & CFM2) in R/3 & publication setting (/n/SAPAPO/CP1) in APO is critical for data transfer between the right systems (R/3 & APO).

APO identifies from Publicaiton setting, the R/3 system where the data is to be transferred for a particluar location (same location is not expected to be in both the R/3 system)

3. For issue related to the BUoM, you can maintain the conversion factor between the BUoM in the material master in both the R/3 systems.

We have similar scenario, where in 2 R/3 systems having same materials codes have different BuoM. We maintain the converstion factor in alternative UoM to avoid UoM issues. We are not facing much issues expect for Sales order, where we get difference in delta report. we just transfer the blocked Queues to APO.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Nawanit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nawanit, hello Experts,

thanks for your answer, but the problem with the BUoM (Base unit of Measurement) is not solved.

- We have two different BSGs (two R/3 systems)

- integrations models are created and actvated, publications settings are done

- missing BUoM are created in APO

- conversion factors for alternative UOM are created in both R/3 systems and ciffed to APO

If I try to create a Planned Order I get an error in the CIF queue "Faulty base unit of quantity xyz for material xyz"!

Is it possible to work with different Base unit of Measurements in the ERP system which are connected with APO? Is it possible to link materials with different Base Unit of Measurement of two different ERP systems to one product in APO?

Thanks and kind regards,

Louis

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please have a look at the tab UOM in the product master of the product for which you are creating a Planned order.

Check if the UOM error you are getting is maintained in APO product master. Also please check if the Alt UOM is correctly mainatined in APO product master.

regards,

Nawanit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks again for your answer. Yes the UOM is correctly maintained. Maybe a short overview about the scenario and the masterdata settings I have already done:

R/3 1:

Material "A" has BuOM = PC

UOM setting:

1 TUP = 1000 PC

--> Product/Location in APO = B/XY01

R/3 2:

Material "B" has BuOM = TUP

UOM setting:

1000 PC = 1 TUP

--> Product/Location in APO = B/XY02

both materials are mapped in APO to 1 material number "B" with BAPI APOCF005 . The basic data (e. g. UOM) are transfered from material "B". So I have 2 location products in APO:

- B/XY01

- B/XY02

In APO I have the following settings:

Material "B" has BuOM = TUP

UOM setting:

1000 PC = 1 TUP

Now I am creating a Planned Order for location product B/XY01 with BuOM = TUP. But when this planned Order is ciffed to R/3, I get the error message "faulty base unit of quantity TUP for material "A""!

So from my point of view all masterdata settings are correctly. Do you have quite the same scenario and it works fine?

Maybe I need the BADI /SAPAPO/CL_EX_CIF_OP for changing the BuOM in the order?!!

Best regards,

Louis

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at the 2 UOM settings. Use Tcode: CUNI & study the ISO code for both of them.

We had similar issue & while debug we found that the issue lies with the different ISO codes which are set for the 2 UoMs. You can take ABAP help to know exactly how you need to maintain the ISO codes for the 2 UoM.

Regards,

Nawanit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nawanit,

yes now I assigned the same ISO code and I didnt get the error anymore, this will help us a lot in the cases where we dont have a factor in different BUoM.

But in one system we have the problem that the BUoM has the factor 1000. So if I create an order in APO with 1000 PC, it should be create the order in ERP system only with 1 TUP, but it creates the order with 1000 TUP. This means the conversion factor in masterdata will not be considered. The conversion factor is maintained in APO and all ERP systems.

Do you have such a factor in your system?

thanks for your help

Kind regards,

Louis

former_member220487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

Great that the issue is resolved for you.

With respect to Conversion factor, we are currently using 1:1 & hence didnt face the issue.

May be you can mark this as resolved & create a new thread for conversion factor.

Regards,

Nawanit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srijram1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a quick question on the use of multiple R/3 systems. The situation we have is an ECC and 4.0B system coupled with APO. Are there any specific issues that we need to look for while implementing BSG in a scenario like this?

Kind regards,

Srikanth