Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Space settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have SAP on Oracle,

1) I would like to know what kind of settings that needs to be maintained to monitor Data base growth and its efficient performance. We have most of the problems from data base side and also, we don't have database administrator who can monitor the data base perfectly.

2) For some reason, on DB02 transaction, we see ONLY Zero (0), its not actually showing the correct sizes (MB /GB)

3) For some reason, RSAPTEMP table space is showing ZERO (0) in DB02 transaction, but the Basis guys are telling me that there are 2GB left in oracle side (on NT server), is there any intermediate steps that needs to be carried out to show this space on SAP application server as well ?

4) What kinds of routines that I need to schedule to eliminate unnecessary / redundant data base SPACE.

Thanks and I appreciate your help

BI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I would like to know what kind of settings that needs to be maintained to monitor Data base growth and its efficient performance. We have most of the problems from data base side and also, we don't have database administrator who can monitor the data base perfectly. -

>Check the EWA Report and maintain the database parameter settings as recommended,also try to schedule all DBA jobs (Update statistics,cleanup logs,checkdb,verifydb etc) from DB13.

2) For some reason, on DB02 transaction, we see ONLY Zero (0), its not actually showing the correct sizes (MB /GB)----->Try to implement the following SAP notes 1002840,1066044,1052909.

3) For some reason, RSAPTEMP table space is showing ZERO (0) in DB02 transaction, but the Basis guys are telling me that there are 2GB left in oracle side (on NT server), is there any intermediate steps that needs to be carried out to show this space on SAP application server as well ? -

> You can also check the tablespaces from transaction - db02old

4) What kinds of routines that I need to schedule to eliminate unnecessary / redundant data base SPACE.--->Reorganiza the tables,which are high utilized.

Thanks and Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you run RSORAT0D and RSDB_TDB this two report from SE38/SA38 and check if DB02 shows correct values.

EarlyWatch Alert report will provide you some valuable information

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

you definitively need to check the documentation, since all your questions are answered in it!

[Getting Started with Oracle and the SAP System |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/ac/8a6139ee84d20ee10000000a11402f/content.htm].

To be on the safe side, get the latest BRTOOLS patch, apply the most current database patches & make sure the db parameters are set as recommended (sap note 1171650 has a nice check report for that).

By following these few simple steps you will have already avoided the wast amount of reasons for support messages and problems.

regards,

Lars