cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when installing sneak preview NW04S Full Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with this problem I'm having with installing NW04S sneak preview. After stating where the enchrypt zip archive is, I receive the following message in the sapinst log:

Error 5 (Access is denied) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (69), with parameter (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Disk).

The subkey

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Disk' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

Now; I can clearly see in the registry that the key is there, and I've killed my F-secure anti virus. I'm logged in with Administrator rights, I use Java 1.4.2_09 with JAVA_HOME and path set accordingly.

Has anyone else came across the same error and if so; how did you solve it?

I've seen some similar discussions regarding the ABAP build but didn't find a solution reading those posts either.

Thank you all for any input, and I will of course reward helpful answers!

Kind regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Were you logged as sid<adm>user?

Have you applied KB811493 or SP4 on W2K? or are you on W3K?

Kindly provide the long result of = RegOpenKeyEx (full text) with values RegOpenKeyEx(hKey, lpSubKey, ulOptions, samDesired, phkResult);

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James!

Thanks for your reply.

I'm installing the sneak preview on my laptop, which uses XP SP2. I'm logged on as a user I created myself, sid<adm>user is yet to be created later in the process of the installation. This is really early in the setup

Hmm, as for the long result; I can't find a longer one than the one I added to the first message. Where could I find that one? I looked in sapinst.log but couldn't find anything matching your description.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Are you an administrator on that account with the right local policy settings? I know you mentioned that you turned off your anti virus, but make sure the services file of the antivirus software is also stopped.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

is user created u is belongs to Administrator Group.

Might be problem with XP SP2!!!!

is the file system is NTFS?

is the user can have following local rights under local security policy?

-act as a part of operating system

-Replace a process level token

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal!

File system is NTFS, and the user I created is a member of the Administrators group yes. The user have the local rights of acting as part of os, as well as replace a process level token.

I guess it could be something with SP2 but at the same time it seems weird to me if SAP released NW04S and it doesn't even install on XP SP2?

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again James!

Yup, he's got the correct local policy settings as far as I know, or are there more needed than the ones you get by belonging to administrators group?

Services regarding antivirus are all stopped..

Strange error this..

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

You need;

Act as part of the operating system

Adjust memory quotas for a process

Replace a process level token

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James,

in that case the user has all rights it should need. I've tried to restart it a couple of times now, and I get the feeling that it's halting somehow on the encryption policy zip archive I've downloaded from Sun. There's only one to choose from, but maybe this one doesn't work that well for XP SP2? Looking more into the matter..

/Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

what is the virtual memory of the system?

u also get following error?

FSL-06002 Error 1060 (The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

) in execution of a 'OpenService' function, line (266), with parameter (SAPOsCol).

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Have you gone through the full requirements;

Full Java Edition 2004s System Requirements

Operating System: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 3); Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 1) or Windows Server 2003

NTFS-File systems

Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher or Firefox 1.0 or higher

At least 1 GB RAM, 2 GB are recommended

Intel Pentium III/1.1 GHz or higher (or compatible)

14GB free hard disk space (8.6 GB for the installed software and 4.9 GB for the installer software)

High-resolution monitor (1024x768 or higher, 256 colors)

Sun Microsystems J2SE SDK version 1.4.2_08 or 1.4.2_09 (Sun JDK 1.5 not tested). You can download this from Sun Microsystems at http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.2_09/index.html. Please note that version 1.4.2_10 may cause installation problems.

If you have already installed SAP products on your computer, you must ensure that none of the systems are called "J2E".

The file C:WINNTsystem32driversetcservices (Windows 2000) or C:Windowssystem32driversetcservices (Windows XP) must not include an entry for the ports 3601, 3201 and 50000 to 50030. A possible entry can be excluded by using the hash symbol (#).

If no DHCP server is available on your network (which dynamically determines the IP address) or your computer is not connected to any network, you need to install the virtual interface adapter MS Loopback Adapter. This is described in detail within the contents of the download package.

To use Interactive Forms based on Adobe software, you must install the necessary credential file and activatetial file and activate it using a unique password. Download the latest credential and password from SDN.

Check;

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/77317c8d-0701-0010-f093-ed3...

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Kaushal, no I do not get that error. The virtual memory of the system is:

James; yes I did go through the requirements.. I know it states req is XP SP1, but I didn't think that excluded SP2... Anyone know if this is the case??

Everything else is fulfilled when it comes to requirements.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Since sneak preview just released i checked and the nw2004s does not have windows xp2 on pam.

James

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

a colleague of mine just installed this sneak preview on a fresh XP SP2 system. So SP2 cannot be the problem in general.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

now I'm looking at the unrar procedure. I started with 1, then went for 2, 3 and 4 in the order. I chose "overwrite" when prompted on every file. Is this correct??

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

I have the same problem that you have at the installation time. I had sp11 before and successfully uninstalled it sometime back.

Were you able to pass this stage? If yes, can you please let us know what fixed the problem?

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for all the input!

Detlev, thanks, this means XP SP2 should be a possible platform then.

Kiran; Sorry, no, I haven't been able to get past this annoying error yet. Any further input is of importance at this stage. Are you also experiencing it after you've browsed to the enchryption zip archive?

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

What do mean by "Are you also experiencing it after you've browsed to the enchryption zip archive?"

The error happened to me after I started sapinst.exe and I clicked on "I Agree" buttom of the licence agreement.

I even tried the individual unrar of each of the 3 downloaded installation files and selecting "over write" for all files. Still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran, well, I'm able to come two steps further than you then.. I'm able to accept the license agreement, and then I'm allowed to first select the folder where the j2sdk is installed, and after that I'm prompted to select the folder where I put the Java Cryptographic Extension Policy Archive. After this selection my install halts with the given error..

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran, I went to the download page again, and now there are 5 files there. When I downloaded it there was no file containing TREX. Don't know if this will have any impact at all, but don't forget to download this one as well..

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

I have this problem while installing NW2004 not NW2004s. I had sp11 before and I uninstalled it successfully before trying to install sp16.

Buy Hey, I see 4 files for NW2004 too.. hmm.. I'll try downloading them again.

Thanks,

Kiran

Message was edited by: Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

well, then I don't think I'm able to help much even if I would by some miracle be able to solve this registry thing. We're not installing the same software. Hopefully things work in a similar way and you could draw some conclusions, but that's not certain at all.

Still no success here.. How's it going for you Kiran?

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Try this. I haven't got chance to get back to my laptop yet but will let you know after I try myself.

Thanks,

Kiran

PS: Let us know if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran!

Unfortunately I don't have Norton on my laptop.. I use F-Secure and during installations I kill it fair and square.. Doesn't seem to help right now though. I'm thinking of uninstalling it too though, since I've got the feeling this error is related to antivirus sw..

Please update when you've tried this on your machine! Hope it works for you!

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

update: I've now uninstalled my antivirus software. This did not help at all though. I still get the same annoying error message about not finding SYSTEM/..../Disk

/Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran and all others!

I finally managed to solve this issue. The solution was to edit the permissions in the registry for this key. I don't really feel that this is the way you should have to go about to do this, but hey, what to do? Anyway, I chanegd the permissions for the Administrators from just Read to Full control.

Hope it helps someone else!

Kind regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

I admire your persistence. Thanks for your contributions, as it may help assist other people in installing the nw2004s sneak preview. If you get time, you can contribute a blog in relation to your process of installation.

Cheers.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

thank you for your kind words. I must admit I nearly gave up there hehe. After uninstalling antivirus and nothing still worked, well.. I hope this thread can help others too! I will consider the blog idea. It would be great to have such things, or at least threads for each and every SP installation on this forum. It seems a lot of people have difficulties installing..

Kind regards,

Andreas

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Andreas,

helped me out, after hours of searching.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrea,

I have got the same problem and this solution semms to be work.... even if the registry keys in question are more than one! I have to find gloabl solution for this issue

thanks again!

best regards

Cristian