Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/usr/sap/trans configuration in CHARM

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

We are planning to configure CHARM to support the transports ECC6.0, EP7.0 and BI7.0 systems. For EP7.0, CTS+ is already configured on the solution manager 4.0. Can solman use its own /usr/sap/trans than the ECC6.0 and BI7.0 systems? I have searched through the charm documentation and there is nothing on how to configure solman to use a separate TRANSDIR.

Since the ECC and BI systems are using their own TRANSDIR, it does not make sense to share solman's TRANSDIR with either of the systems.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. I have given points based on the replies.

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank for the useful information, Nesimi

Is there any special configuration needed to be done for the local TRANSDIR of solman?

Regards,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

few thoughts, not sure whether the below setup is feasible:

1) Solman as domain controller.

2) Have domain link between the BI, ECC domains to Solman Domain and have the respective domain controllers as Backup Domain controllers.

But Transdir is I'm not sure- Probably it should be shared and common.

Any issues with this setup?.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan

just make sure you go through the IMG steps for CHARM

SAP SolMan / Scenario Specific Settings / CHARM / TMS

Nesimi

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Phil.

That is right. The BI and ECC servers have their own domain and /usr/sap/trans. Right now solman has its own TRANSDIR as well with its own domain. So how would you configure CHARM in this scenario?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

either way you can do this

I still would recommend to keep the local transdir of your satellite system (TRANSDIR param)

keep in mind that still if your central CHARM system is down (even so the transdir is local you cannot do transports

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jonathan,

Your question confuses me a little.

Are all your systems in the same transport domain with Solman being the domain controller? Or is each product (ECC, BI, etc.) each it's own transport domain?

If they are all in the same transport domain, with solman as the domain controller, they should all be using the same trans directory.

Is this what you are asking?

Regards,

Phil