cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wander where to set import job for transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wander where to set import job for transports to be imported automatically. On transport domain controller I can not manage other job than the one for the system itself.

On the system which is not transport domain controler I have only display function

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You need to select the particular transport in the import queue of the target system. After you choose the required transport to be imported, you can choose the time for import. TMS schedules a background job in the target system which will import the request(s)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c4/6045377b52253de10000009b38f889/content.htm

Regards,

Debasis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you asking for 'automatic import' in QAS/PRD ?

When you go to STMS import queue in a particular system like QAS, there you can see a button 'import all'. This will enable to you schedule automatic import periodically in intervals for eg. 15 min or whatever you want.

just click on import all and it will ask for inputs and schedule

OR, do you want to confirm for RDDIMPDP job ?

Run report RDDNEWPP to schedule RDDIMPDP

Edit: Note 11677 - Transports with event-controlled RDDIMPDP

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
just click on import all and it will ask for inputs and schedule

before selecting "Import all" be very sure that you're using mass transport strategy. if the customer is/has already followed single transport strategy, selecting import all might cause problems as import happens with the sequence in which requests are released in source system.