SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overlapping events in module booking: possible to book module anyway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reasons (related to resource management mainly), we would like to have overlapping events in the module:

one general one from 12:00--17:00

one for 12:00-13:00

one for 13:00--14:00

etc.

However, if we now book the module in the student file/course registration Webdynpro, the system says

"booking for E xxx results in time overlap with other business events' (HRPIQ000-814).

In TEM, it is possible to switch off this check (SEMIN TETEI in T77S0). Is it possible to ignore/deactivate this check in SLcM also?

regards,

Bert van Veen

7 REPLIES 7

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bert, the only place I know to turn that error into a War ning or a Information message is in the place you mention, in TEM (IMG --> Training and Event Management --> Day-to-Day activities --> Booking --> Conflict Reaction)

As Events (E objects) are from TEM, if you switch off that there, it will switch off the conflict checking for SLCM also.

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I still got the error message. I put a blank (no check) in the setting, and then I (information message only), but it still is showing the error message in module booking

0 Kudos

It's weird, I am using that here, and it works. I will check and let you know.

Diego

0 Kudos

Bert, the conflict override works when the business events you are booking a student to are from different modules. I have just checked it. But when the two or three events that are overlapped are from the same modules, that override does not apply. I don't know where to deactivate that. Maybe you have to get the error message number, and try to change it to a warning using some other tool. Please let me know if you can solve it.

Thanks

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is weird!

I debugged, and in function Debugging:

HRIQ_CHECK_TIMECONF_FOR_EVENT, this check is done. This function module is not reading T77S0 at all.

Funny: in an OSS note 559330 this problem is described, but only for release 464 (and we are on ECC 6).

regards,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

This makes sense - in a way, and it perfectly explains why the setting is not taken into account.

Now I understand how SAP works, and it is reasonable.

However, I would still like to have overlapping events within one module, since it would really help me. Let's see if SAP comes up with something (though I'm afraid they will tell me I'm not supposed to have overlappings events within a module...)

thanks anyway, at least I see what the switch is used for, and what it is not doing!

Bert

0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

This might be a late reply...hopefully you have found the solution by now.

We had a similar requirement in an implementation and we addressed it while creating the object SM,E or Resource...i really dont recall the exact place.To begin with use PP01 and figure out in one of the above objects there is a field which you update to allow you create an overlaping event....im unable to access the SAP system right now...shall give you a confirmed answer once i do.

Regards

Ramesh.