Thanks in advance

Regards

Manish Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to activate Dynamic Cycle Count in SAP 5.0 also? Do you have an experience? Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the settings are not in the IMG node mentioned above, then no.  SAP is sometimes receptive to backporting functionality on a customer-specific basis but this depends on the functionality involved and the customer's willingness to pay for the development work.

DCC should only be implemented in storage types where 2-step confirmation is active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In warehouse management you used RF device to do inventory counting. This is accomplished by Dynamic cycel counting functionality.You can use transaction LM59 for this. For this you have to do RF configuration.

Please go through the below link for more understanding of this functionality.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/6e/31e23e93c33d67e10000000a114084/content.htm

If u have any question please reply.

Regards,

Prashant

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant

Thanks for the reply. However i want to know in what condition should we go for Dynamic cycle count and what are the setting required to activate the DCC

Thanks in advance

Regards

Manish Kumar

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply adding LM59 into your menu management will make available this fuctionality.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A scenario for dynamic cycle counting can be as follows.

Say i plan to count 100 bins in Storage type A. If we approach the normal inventory procedure route, here is what happens:

1. Create inventory document.

2. Activate the inventory document

3. Enter count.

4. Recount if necessary.

5. Clear inventory document in WM

6. Clear in IM.

One of the disadvantages in this case is ..when u want to count 100 bins (say Bin 1, Bin 2, Bin 3......Bin 100) and say u have 1 document active for all 100 bins, all bins would be blocked for stock placement & stock removal. So if i am standing in the aisle counting Bin 1..and somewhere down the long aisle bin 100 is also blocked..so i will have delivery blocked for picking from bin 100.

To avoid this, one option is to use the dynamic cycle counting principle. If using this option, i can go to Bin 1 (create inventory document & count & clear in one step), then go to Bin 2 ( and count it on the fly)...and so on. So, i dont have to block all bins at once, i can count bins as i move along the aisles in the storage type. DCC also allows to count bins that have open TO's.

You would need to activate cycle counting indicator for storage type under LE>WM>Activities>Physical inventory to at least use this functionality. Then try to make use of the programs available for RF as Prashant has mentioned or maybe modify them as needed.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also other than open TO you can scan bins with serialised material as well as non serialised material.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I am trying to find the config setting " dynamic cycle count" / "general settings" / "define storage types".?

Where is this located at? I am running ECC 6.0 with standard SAP WM.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Find below the path

IMG --> Logistics Execution --> WM --> Activities --> physical inventory --> dynamic Cycle counting --> general setting --> define storage type settings

Regards

Manish