cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EarlyWatch Individual Email Configuration - configure email transmission

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Is it possible to configure EarlyWatch Alerts to be received via email on an individual basis?

We have 5 EWAs created each week for 5 different production systems. I would like to send 2 reports to one email recipient, 5 to another, 1 EWA to another recipient etc... so that I can choose which EWA is sent to who.

At the moment, I can only see via SMSY -> Edit -> Automatic Email Transmission to be able to add a recipient and they will receive all EWAs.

Please help?

Regards,

-Rohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

There is a way to send individual EWA reports for systems that are part of one solution to a separate users.

For example if you have solution called u201CXYZu201D that contains 5 systems and you want to send EWA for 1.,2. and 3. system to one e-mail address and 1.,3.,4. and 5. another email address.

1. You need to set up automatic e-mail transmission for EWA session for all e-mail addresses that will receive EWA reports:

Tx. DSWP -> Edit -> Automatic e-mail Transmission -> create E-mail Recipient

2. Then you need to setup 2 things in tx. SPRO:

2.1 Tx. SPRO -> Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> Solution Monitoring/Reporting -> Sending Service Reports by Internet E-mail -> E-mail Filter (Maintenance)-> Map Systems to E-Mail Addresses

Here you enter table name: DSWP_SYS_EMAIL and choose icon u201CCreate Entriesu201D (same thing you can do with Tx. SM30).

Fill table with e-mail addresses and SID; for each combination specifically and save.

2.2. Then return to SPRO and setup: Tx. SPRO -> Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Scenario-Specific Settings -> Solution Monitoring/Reporting -> Sending Service Reports by Internet E-mail -> E-mail Filter (Maintenance)-> BAdi EWA E-Mail Filter

Here you should have and activate Enhancement Implementation u201CDSWP_EWA_EMAILFILTER_BADI_IMPLu201D which sap provided for this purpose.

To activate in this screen mark check box u201CActive(IMG)u201D and whole line and then click on button display in the bottom of the screen.

Then choose Enhancement Implementation -> Activate (Ctrl+F3) and Save.

Now, near Enhancement implementation field should write u201CActiveu201D, in the middle of screen in u201CRuntime Behavioru201D section u201CImplementation is activated in Customizing (IMG)u201D check box should be marked and u201CEffect in current Clientu201D should be Implementation is calledu201D

If you set up all 3 steps properly, your future EWA reports for systems should go only to e-mail addresses as you enter in table: DSWP_SYS_EMAIL.

Note that all e-mails must be also visible in automatic e-mail transmission (step 1.) do not delete them there.

Mirjana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant Mirjana! Totally solved the problem, I can't believe SAP make such a simple task so difficult.

Your response is perfect and you are a credit to the forum, one of the best answers I have seen to any issue. Others should learn to post sensible answers as such rather than links and guesses just for forum points.

Thank you and regards,

-Rohan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

This is one of the workaround i can think of, though, not a direct configuration.

Having seperate solution according to your need of business and EWA strategy and having diffenent Distribution list for each solution - But the issue here is for each new entry-if you trigger EWA session- it forms seperate session for Satellite system and increases the Load - But its feasible, you have to configure activate/deactivate EWA sessions accordingly.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, EWA email transmission depends on the solution in which you are activating it.

if first two PRD emails need to go to a specific email list, then you need to put themm in one solution and need to create one specific distribution list.

Infact, normally, 'One Solution' exists for 'one Production' system. If, for first two PRD systems, you need same destinations emails addresses, then, you have to create two distribution lists with same email addresses in them and activate email functions in both of the solutions fo those PRD systems and assign those distribution list, one to each.

Accordingly, you can achieve email transmissions as per your choice.