cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique file name to be decoded and to be updated in a table along with data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm working on a File to Proxy scenario, where the file names(10 chars length) are unique. These files will be available for XI in a source directory. My requirement is -- file name need to be decoded into 3 values and to be updated into a r/3 database table along with the file data.

Hope my requirement is clear.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Map the file name to a field in the target .

Again in the SPROXY , you will get an internal table which contains the field .

Now you can easily fetch the particular field from the internal table and update to the table

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much.

I've a fixed length of fields and I have not used any functions in mapping. So, simple one to one field map I have done.

@ Bright -- File adapter reads the file and where can i map it, am not clear? Can you please eloborate more?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just create the UDF as mentioned in the blog but without any input parameters, now map this udf to any of your fieds which you are not using or create a new field for it.

One more thing you can either change the file name in UDF/mapping itself or in R3 when you get it in your intrnal table, I mean it's upto you.

--Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created as per the blog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

I can see the Dynamic Configuration section but i cant see the field which stores the file name.

Created UDF is

one constant --> UDF(pasted the code which is there in blog) -->field

I added a constant and mapped to the udf as it says mapping not sufficient.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot see the field which stores the file name. The file name comes from payload at runtime.

Secondly no need to create any input parametes in your UDF, just edit your udf and delete the input parameter (default input is 'a') so that you don't have to map any constant to this UDF just map this UDF to target field.

e.g. UDF ---> target Field.

--Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot see the field which stores the file name. The file name comes from payload at runtime.

Secondly no need to create any input parametes in your UDF, just edit your udf and delete the input parameter (default input is 'a') so that you don't have to map any constant to this UDF just map this UDF to target field.

e.g. UDF ---> target Field.

I did the same but am not able to activate the mapping.

Mapping activation Error:

Activation of the change list canceled Check result for Message Mapping hello_mapping | http://briks.com:

Mapping not sufficiently defined

Chennai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have not created your UDF correctly. Just open your mapping and press F7 button to check the error. First corret the error then activate tha mapping.

--Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention that my receiver is a XI Adapter (Proxy) where In CC I can't see the Advance tab for enabling the Adapter specific parameters.

Will it be a reason why my file is not appearing in the receiver structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I forgot to mention that my receiver is a XI Adapter (Proxy) where In CC I can't see the Advance tab for enabling the Adapter specific parameters.

I already know that you have XI adapter since you are doing inbound proxy. Anyway you will not require to do this in your Receiver CC, just do it in your Sender CC.

> Will it be a reason why my file is not appearing in the receiver structure?

No, I dont think. You will see the file name in your sender payload under SOAP Header ---> Dynamic Configuration, which will automatically come to your mapping if you have used the UDF when you to end to end testing only.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Mapping activation Error:

>

> Activation of the change list canceled Check result for Message Mapping hello_mapping | http://briks.com:

> Mapping not sufficiently defined

Do like this..

Open your UDF code then press the edit button (Pencile icon) then click on the arugment (a) and then click on Delete Selected line icon (red color minus icon).

After doing this activate your mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great help Sarvesh.

Mapping problem has been solved. But I cannot see the file field name in MONI Inbound Message - Payloads. I mean in the XML tags.

Thanks much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem.

First check the sender payload SOAP Header ---> Dynamic Configuration, check if you file name is present there or not if not then your done some mistake in your Sender CC in ASMA settings. Check the settings again as per the blog.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just use Dynamic configuration in your mapping for this.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

--Sarvesh