cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data queueing when using wait step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When using the wait step, lets say waiting for 24 hours, will the data queue up until released?

Cheers,

Max

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When using the wait step, lets say waiting for 24 hours, will the data queue up until released?

Making the BPM wait for 24 hrs is not recommended...however if the business demands so then may be it is fine.

Now for your query, yes the other requests (of this interface or the one which use the same queue as this BPM) that comes into XI will be queued up.....not in the BPM.....and this may eventually lead to a blocked queue.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer!

Where will the data queue be? And how will the queue be handled when the wait step is released? Will there be one message or several depending on how many messages that ar coming in to XI dureing the 24h wait..

Thanks,

Max

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Will there be one message or several depending on how many messages that ar coming in to XI dureing the 24h wait..

depends on the number of messages received by the BPM (or other interface using the same Queue)....if more requests fired then surely more than one entry in the queue.

And how will the queue be handled when the wait step is released?

The messages in the queue will be processed in a FIFO manner....correct me if wrong....

Where will the data queue be?

in Integration Engine.....can view the messages in the queue using SXMB_MONI

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! Thanks again,

Is there a way to keep the data queued before triggering the BPM-process? In that way avoiding the keep the BPM waiting for 24 hours.

Cheers,

Max

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can prioritize your message and register a specific queue in which only data related to particular message will be stored. You can schedule the processing of queue as well.

You can check more here: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/20bb9649-e86e-2910-7aa9-88ed4972a5f6]

BR,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

The problem for me with that solution is that I am re using an current idoc so if I queue that message i guess my other flow also will be stopped..

BR

Max