Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SOL MAN 7.01 Installation error at Phase START_INSTANCE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am on SUSE Linux 10 SP2, Oracle and SAP Solution Manager 7.01 with EhP1

I have read the installation guide and met all the pre-requisites and started the installation.., the installation was smooth until the phase START INSTANCE (Phase 28 of 48) and here the SAPinst is not able to start the ABAP instance and i am going bokers over the same since 2 days

I have tried all possible ways but i dont get any way out of this..

I have chd the files dev_ms, dev_w0, sapstartsrv.log sapstart.log and also dev_disp files for some solutions.., but i failed to find a way out.

my host file reads like below

172.16.80.81 solman.ssbs.lan solman

is this has anything to do.

Also the IPv6 is enabled on my NIC card.., does this also has anything do..,

Please suggest me and help me out and which log file shud i paste for further help

Thanks in advane to all

Regards

Hunky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please start the instance manually using startsap command? Also, check whether R3trans -d works or not?

You should check dev_disp, dev_w, trans.log (created in directory where you run R3trans -d) and startsap.log files.

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joe Haynes ,

Thanks for your reply..,

The server starts fine with the <sid>adm and it doesnt fail anywhere..,

But agian when i click on retry on the SAPinst screen it first SHUTDOWNS the ABAP instance and the tries to START again.., thats when its failing..,

I have a small problem in copying the log files or the trace fails from VNC to my laptop.., looking for an alternative...

Can you give any rough idea as to what must be wrong...

Is it has anything to do with the file permissions.., i am doing my installation using the root user

Waiting for some inputs

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hunky

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it restarts fine from the command line then not the installer, then you might have an issue with an environment variable setting. Have you tried restarting the installer? That might re-load some needed settings that were made by the installer itself.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the logs under dev_w0 in work directory & post the same to assist you further.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post some of the trace files? Does the instance start up and then die? Have you tried running 'sapstart' as <sid>adm to see to see what part of the startup process fails? What processes are running after the system fails?

Just some quick questions.

J. Haynes