cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM-LiveCache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I need load data to LiveCache using report /SAPAPO/OM_DWNUPL_UPLOAD, but get error.

"Selected plng versions have already been loaded. If you want to reload the planning versions again, you must first initialize the liveCache and repeat all of section C."

May I initialize the liveCache for specified client ? How ? I don't want clear all liveCache data for all clients in system....

Igor.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

Are you trying to load data to LiveCache as part of APO Upgrade process.

Because in any case mass upload of liveCache data is not done otherwise, instead BAPIs are used to load relevant data to liveCache.

Also normally APO systems are single clients - even SAP suggests the same as there is a BI component in APO.

Are you having multiple clients in your APO system?

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I'm have multiple clients in APO system.

I heard first time :

"Also normally APO systems are single clients"

Edited by: Igor Tolkachev on Sep 3, 2009 1:59 PM

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Time for me to upgrade my knowledge :D.

Well I was referring to this [document|https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000580082007E]. As I understand that restriction does not hold from SCM 5.0 upwards due to change in underlying BW technology.

Somnath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyway, when u upload data, all data will be updated with uploaded data and all old data will be lost. In this scenario to have correct solution u may follow steps as mentioned below :

1. Take disk backup of existing LiveCache database. If there is no medium for disk backup, create one and take backup. This backup will ensure if something goes wrong after upload, u can still restore data to current stage.

2. Now reinitialize LiveCache and then upload as you have mentioned.

3. If there is any problem with uploaded data, you can always have the option to restore the old data back.

Best of luck.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I'm reinitialize LiveCache and then upload data for one client how in LC appears data for other clients of system ?