Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am facing this problem in STO.

I am doing outbound delivery against purchase order and I am manually splitting the batch when I try to do the PGI, it is giving an error asking to enter the purchase order.

Please guide me

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand you are adding a line item in delivery for adding a batch. you should go to Item-> Batch Split and do batch determination there. You should not face this problem. I hope you have create the delivery using VL04 tcdoe

Regards

Yatin Thakkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using VL10B.I am doign a Stock Transfer Order.

When I try to split the batch there is an error message

"item category is not defined"

The Field for PICKING is greyed out.

Please guide me if I have missed with something

Thanks & Regards

Anand

Edited by: anand k on Sep 2, 2009 6:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

when u create delivery what it shows in Item Category field. It should show NLN.

Also let me know step by step that u follow for delivery creation, Batch split and PGI.

Regards,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

First check the Item Category of Batch Split in Delivery. Then go to T Code 0184 and check whether the Main Item Category is maintained in the assignment with Delivery Type / Item Category Group / Usage / Item Category ( Main item ) = Delivery Item Category.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes it is NLN.

The process I am following is

1. Create PO ME21N using doc type UB

2. VL10B to create outbound delivery in the background

3. VL02N to change the delivery and & here I am trying to split the batch when I split the error message is "ITEM CATEGORY IS NOT DEFINED" but after I enter it shows that the batch is split but the picking field is grey. This means I cannot enter any quantity.

Thanks & Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly check the assignment as referred in my previous thread.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I will check it once the server is restarted.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

the error still persists

I have made the assignment in 0184

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Have you made Batch determination active in Material master or Delivery item category, Please see and revert.

Regards

Garuav Jain

SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

yes its active

Thanks & Regards

Anand.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly check the Copy Control Settings between Sales Order Item Category & Batch Split Item Category at Sales Document Level & Delivery Document level.

Also check in Delivery Item Category whether Relevant for Picking is activated. There is a Routine 111 for picking,kindly check.

Check in the program LV45AU52 with the message 324.Go through with the logic maintained here.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anand

the sto which is opted is sto with delivery the process flow is as follows

create po me21n with document type UB-- vl10g/bthen vl02ncreate billing in vf01--j1iin

Basically the settings are assign delivery types to billing types and assign shipping data to plants.

regards

raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

what will be the higher level item category.

When I split the batch Item category is not getting copied to its sub items.

This is why this error "item category is not defined" is coming.

Thanks & Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain the Item Category of Main item into the Higher Level Item Category for Batch Split.

Best Regards,

Ankur