DP to SNP transfer

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to transfer demand from DP to SNP using MC90,

When i execute the transaction i got a log

1. Release : Forecast

2. Char combinations: MATERIAL NUMBER ( ZFINISHED) , LOCATION(1001)

Both log are with green traffic signal.

However, when i see SNP interactive planning ( Total demand), no demand found for selection criteria Location-Product.

Could someone please help me where do i find demand which was transfered from DP ? Also please let me know what are the pre-requisites to transfer demand from DP to SNP?

Also, it would be glad if someone let me know how to use demand transfred from R/3 to APO via CIF ( Planned Independet requirements). I see demand RRP3 transaction, however, not sure how to use this demand for SNP run.

Thanks

Regards

Seshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

1) You can find your demand released from DP to SNP either in SNP Planning book or in

Product View (RRP3 transaction)

2) Prerequisites for transferring demand from DP to SNP:-

a) The following needs to be maintained in all respects.

Planning area, key figures, planning bucket profile, CVCs, etc.,

b) Location master is maintained

c) Supply chain model is set up and assigned to active version

d) Location split & product split (if any & applicable) needs to be maintained

3) For transferring PIR's from R/3 to APO via CIF, you need to generate and activate

integration models in R/3 using transactions CFM1 & CFM2 for PIRs.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i want o add some more points to the above reply.

1) The keyfigure that u r transferrring total demand should be there in snp planning area.

make sure you include the keyfigure in the data view.

2) As the above reply you can find the forecast in product view of snp.

3) Also make sure that the planning bucket profile used is correct or not and there in snp.

4) Also please check the requirement strategy being used.

For the Relase to ECC

you can do it theough the following task.

1)create trnasfer profile --> sapapo/mc8u

2)create an activity for the transfer profile --> sapapo/mc8t

3)create a background job --> sapapo/mc8d

4)schedule the job --> sapapo/mc8g.

hope this will help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seshu,

The fact you have green lights is a good sign that says you at least have the product location you want in snp. in MC90 start at the top and check:

The name of the DP planning area , the name of the version and the name of the key figure that is the source of your demand. Once you have checked that.

Go to a planning book that views that dp planning area and go to the exact product and location you are releaseing look that the value of the key figure you are releasing. Make sure you have a non-zero forecast in that key figure. In the snp area you should be releasing to a forecast order catagory (IE FA). and a version. when you look at this in your planning book make sure your snp selection has the same verison.

You can exclude a date range and release all dates. you should have a plling bucket profile that controls the timing of the forecast orders. (IE monthly or weekly buckets or combinations of both)

you should also have the names of the characteristics that represent product and locaiton in your dp planning area.

A an alternatvie to viewiing your forecast orders in snp you can look at it in the product view. go to transaction /sapapo/rrp3 and select the same product location version. you should see forecast orders on specific dates.

George

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

My issue was resolved and your inputs are useful - Thanks

Seshu