cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamically created components and multi-language application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Does anybody have idea is there possibility to use XLF files in application which interface is dynamically built during runtime (based on some configuration parameters)?

Normally XLF is generated during GUI design, but what about dynamically created controls?

Best Regards

Maciej

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maciej,

You create your application completely. Then deploy the application. Once deployed, just copy the .XLF file & paste it. Make sure you change the name of the file while pasting. You need not to bother about dynamical objects.

The better way to use multi-lingual facility is to create the properties file for different langs. then store them at KM. Cal the corresponding files as per the lang preferance of the user & set the values using Beans getter & setter method.

Hope this will help you. Thanks.

Best Regards

Chander Kararia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chander

I must admit that I'm not convinced.

Let's assume that I dynamically create input field. I want it to be labeled "Lastname" in English and "Vorname" in German. How am I supposed to achieve this using XLF? I understand that property files would solve this problem, but what about XFL?

By the way: why do you claim that bundles are better way?

Best Regards

Maciej

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Why I prefer them : Lets take a scenario, you delivered the applications to the client. Project Over.

Now, If client wants to change the text in one of the dialog messages, then?

They need the UI Interface to download the file, will go to the XLF file & made the changes, then re-deploy the application. You need a dedicated resource.

Rather,

I will go to the properties file uploaded somewhere in KM destination folder. Open it in notepad. Change the Text. Upload the same file at the same location. Done.

Now, you only see which one will you prefer. Still have doubts, let me know.

-

Regarding the XLF dynamic UI issue, i'll again see to it & will update you soon. Thanks.

Best Regards

Chander Kararia

Edited by: Chander Kararia on Sep 2, 2009 12:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now I see your point in using property files.

Waiting for any updates considering dynamic UI.

Thanks for your time

Regards

Maciej