cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point-to-Point and Integration Server Communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all thanks for reading this thread.

I am new to the world of eSOA. Could anyone please enlighten me with these concepts?

1. Point-to-Point communication

2. Integration Server communication

3. What is the relationship between the communications mentioned above and the A2X, A2A, B2B services?

4. Are the modelings of both types of communications different from each other? How are the procedures?

5. What is the role of NetWeaver Process Integration (PI) regarding to the integration server communication?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joon Meng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Followings are answer of your questions:

>1. Point-to-Point communication

Point to point communication can be compared with direct flight, and you can also compare it with digging up telephone lines for all of your contacts i.e. 1 line for each of your friend which is difficult to maintain. In IT term when application or system start exchanging data directly with any other application system then it is called P2P communication, technologies behind communication could be anything, be it webservices, Idoc, RFC, RPC, HTTP, File etc.

>2. Integration Server communication

I'll call it mediated communication and from above answer you can compare it with Flight to Hub and then from Hub to your destination, in telephone example, you connect to exchange and all your friends also connected to exchange so if you want to communicate with new friend you just ask him to connect to exchange. This type of communication easy to manage.

>3. What is the relationship between the communications mentioned above and the A2X, A2A, B2B services?

well both type of communication can be used by A2X, A2A and B2B. Decision which to use is purely based on business need and technical constrains.

>4. Are the modelings of both types of communications different from each other? How are the procedures?

In case of mediated communication, you often need to do mappings if source and target is having different structures/semantics

>5. What is the role of NetWeaver Process Integration (PI) regarding to the integration server communication?

It is tool/package for mediated communication, i.e. EAI/Middleware tool, it work both as translator (read mapping) and postman (deliver messages).

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (0)