cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger Adapter: Party for AS2 - Synchronous MDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have to AS2 related questions:

1. We send a message via sender proxy which then has to be sent to an AS2 receiver. According to the documentation that I have a Party has to be created for applying AS2 IDs.

I have created a party for the external AS2 receiver, but should I also configure a Party for the internal SAP system, that sends the message via proxy? We already have a business system with communication channel configured for the proxy sender, so I am wondering whether I have to set up an additional party and use a business service for the SAP system? Any advice on that_

2. In between I also use an integration process, because apart from MDN we get two more AS2 messages used as acknowledgment that have to be correlated to the original message.

Now I am wondering how I can correlate a MDN in the integration process? I request the MDN synchronously however I doubt that I can use a synchronous interface as I have to set up a separate MDN sender even though the MDN is requested synchronously. Do you have any experience in dealing with such scenarios?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually this approach does not work either, the messageIDs in case of multiple receivers differ in one digit which I completely missed at first sight.

We will now skip BPM completely.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a party for the external AS2 receiver, but should I also configure a Party for the internal SAP system, that sends the message via proxy?

Party not required for sender system. Header mapping in Receiver agreement may be required specifying the sender XI party.

Now I am wondering how I can correlate a MDN in the integration process?

You may try to use option "Refer to XI System" in the AS2 channel and create a sender agreement with "Report" Message Protocol. This should generate ack for your message.

Your BPM requirement is still not very clear. Would you explain the remaining two AS2 messages to be correlated with MDN?

Regards,

Prateej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, maybe my first explanation was a little bit confusing.

In total our external partner will send three acknowledgements to track different processing steps on his side. First ack is an MDN if message was received succesfully, second one is an asychronous AS2 message indicating that the message is semantically correct and third acknowledgement is an AS2 message indicating that the message has been processed succesfully in the database.

For each of those acknowledgments I have to send a status message back to the SAP system using a receiver proxy. in all of the acknowledgements is a unique ID taking from the message sent to the partner. I would use that one to correlate the acknowledgements in BPM.

The question now is how the interface for the MDN message looks like? I do not have any external definition or data type for this. If it is just plain text I think i cannot extract the uniqueID out if it to correlate it to the original message. I also think that I cannot use a synchronous interface as a separate Communication Channel is used for the MDN message (which in my opinion means that I have to use a separate asynchronous intertace for the MDN message).

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing that could simplify this use case a little bit is an XSD for the MDN. As far as I know the MDN sender channel would send an XML. However it would be very useful to get an XSD beforehand.

Do you know whether any generic XSD is available for the MDN message that the Seeburger Adapter creates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is supposed Seeburger must give you the xsd, however You can see the following thread, there You can get the dtReport structure.

Regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you very much for the useful link!

Now I still have a problem correlating this MDN to the original message. As described I want to use BPM for sending AS2 messages and receiving MDNs. To do so I need to correlate them somehow.

Anyway what is the normal pattern to handle MDN so that you know to which AS2 message the belong to?

Update:

What I was just thinking about, do you think I can use the dynamic attribute CorrelationID of the AS2 Adapter? However I can I fill it?

I have a 2-way mapping (Message Mapping -> XSLT), but the correlation value is coming from the source message.

Any advice on that?

Edited by: Florian Guppenberger on Sep 7, 2009 3:39 PM

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>1. We send a message via sender proxy which then has to be sent to an AS2 receiver. According to the documentation that I have a Party has to be created for applying AS2 IDs.

I have created a party for the external AS2 receiver, but should I also configure a Party for the internal SAP system, that sends the message via proxy? We already have a business system with communication channel configured for the proxy sender, so I am wondering whether I have to set up an additional party and use a business service for the SAP system? Any advice on that_

No you don't need sender Party. But while creating the receiver Agreement overwrite the Sender Party with you company Identifier (so that receiver can identify teh source of the message)

>>In between I also use an integration process, because apart from MDN we get two more AS2 messages used as acknowledgment that have to be correlated to the original message.

Now I am wondering how I can correlate a MDN in the integration process? I request the MDN synchronously however I doubt that I can use a synchronous interface as I have to set up a separate MDN sender even though the MDN is requested synchronously. Do you have any experience in dealing with such scenarios?

Sorry never worked on this. But will MDN have any detail for you to correlate!!!!?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

well good question whether MDN has something to correlate. If not I cannot use it in an integration process I guess?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

You can still use it as a system acknowledgment and i guess it should have some information about the message received by the receiver system. Don't have a AS2 environment to check though.

I will wait for your response in this

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wanted to give you an update of this scenario.

MDN delivers back a correlationID which corresponds to the originalMessageID. So I thought to use that one for correlation.

However when using a business process a new MessageID is created when sending the message, so cannot use the original one for correlation.

What I tried now is to have two receivers afer the message has been sent from sender system. The business process is just called for correlation purposes and not for sending the AS2 message.

The messageID then activates a correlation in the business process and waits for an acknowledgement of the AS2 receiver. So far the messageID and the correlationID of the MDN seems to be the same, however I get a "permanent error" in the BPE inbound queue when receiving the MDN back. So oviously there still seems to be a problem... I try to figure this out.