cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open JSPM: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have deployed components JVM and IGS in PI 7.1 with Solaris and Oracle. In the status column it has shown as Deployed but not proceeding to the next step (Confirmation page in JSPM) so i have exited the JSPM. When i restarted the java instance, java is not coming up so i have applied Note 1025085 - How to manually patch the SAPJVM 5.1 and restarted the system, java got up...

But i am not able to open JSPM using ./go, its throwing me an error:

Info: Initializing Security Manager

Error: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null

Fatal: Error during Controller startup

Fatal: SL Controller Exiting

I found the note 1039484 - JSPM fails to start with NullPointerException relevant...

For the parameter "jstartup/vm/home " i tried giving values "usr/sap/SID/DVBEMGS48/exe/sapjvm_5" / "usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/jvm/sun86_64/sapjvm_5.1.034/sapjvm_5" but none of the values didnt work..

Could you please help in finding the correct JDK path (Do we need to give SUN Solaris JDK path or SAP JDKs path)

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The jstartup/vm/home parameter should be set solaris JDK.

Please try with that and revert if any issue.

Best Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the information. Could you please guide me how to check the solaris JDK home parameter?

I have set to SAP JDK parameter now, will change it once if you confirm how to check.

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

I cannot tell you the exact location of the JDK on your system

Please check the location where j2sdk1.4.2(or any version) is installed. Give that path for the jstartup/vm/home.

Take a backup of the profile before changing as a usual practice.

Restart JSPM. It should work.

To make sure above steps, plz refer to Note 1039484 - JSPM fails to start with NullPointerException

Hope this resolves the issue.

Best Regards

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if below discussions will help you...

/thread/1182717 [original link is broken]

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for your time both the threads are regarding the Authorizations and Permissions , but its not the one in my case. it throwing me an error "java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null"

Thanks,

Subbu