cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy DMS : Issue with Send URL link in Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Initially in Easy DMS, i was not able to get the Copy URL and Send URL Links. so I implemented the FM 'Z_EASYDMS_GETURL'. After that both the links are appearing in my Easy DMS screen.

However, when i send the URL Link to other users Via 'Send URL' option. He is not able to view the Document. System thorugh 'Page can not be displayed'. Why is it so.

Secondly, pls. let me know whats the purpose to provide the DMS Document URL Link to user, if he/ She cant access it from the link.

Or I'm missing something in customizing it.

Regards,

S Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Page title says ' Invalid Syntax error'.

pls note i had refer the Oss Note 694751& 695836 for URL Setting in Easy DMS 7.

Regards,

S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Pls check, Send URL has generated below URL, but this URL Gave syntax error

http://<USER>:<PASSWORD>@<SERVERNAME>:8000/sap/bc/bsp/sap/z_easydms/default.htm?sap-client=400&easyd...

any Idea? ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u create the BSP page and activated it? i think the syntax error is somewhere in BSP application setup.

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer updated note 1105801 and check / modify ur coding. u need to activate the service using SICF.

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

I had updated the note suggested by you. but i dont know how to activate the service (or which service) in SICF.

Secondly, when i'm trying to open the URL Link generated via Send URL option. System Says 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.'.

Pls. note i have all the DMS authorization including ACO_SUPER and i'm able to edit/view the same file if opened in easy dMS.

Regards,

S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

so i assume syntax error problem is resolved..use transaction scif ..there u need to execute it to activate the service..

also, try to save the file first on ur desktop (do not directly open)..and then open it..

rgds

anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

I had already activated the Services (thanks ) but now i'm facing some wierd problem.

whenever i'm trying to open the link system gaves me the error 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file,.. Permission denied'

What this error is....

Regards,

S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this means windows not able to find the file ok once u put the link in internet explorer it will ask whether to open or save the file..u should save the file say on desktop and then open it from there..

rgds

anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

So Far your tips are really helpful in some way but still i'm far away from the required result.

As per your advice, i had applied the note 1105801 and it has generated the Below sample URL.

http://r3dev.avayaglobalconnect.com:8000/sap/bc/bsp/sap/z_easydms/default.htm?sap-client=400&easydms...userid%2ertf&easydms-action=view&INIT=X

Now with the generation of above URL, i have two queries / issues.

1. In the above URL Doc File 'relianceuserid%2ertf' is mentioned. I dont know how this '%2e' added up. Instead of '%2e' , it should be '.'.

2. When i'm clicking on the above URL, it throws me the windows error ''Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file,.you may not have the appropriate permission to access them'.

Secondly as you suggested to save the file on PC . ON save, File name generated is 'strartup.sapeasydms' and open it there it still not working. It gave me the error 'C:/document and settings/User_Name/Desktop/startup.sapeasydms Access is denied'.

I had opened this file in notepad also and i found that it just contain the document details as shown in URL and not the actual data of this document.

Pls note i had not amended the code specified in the note 1105801. does i have to make some changes in the sample Code ???

Regards,

S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

are you using Vista OS in any ways? Vista gives errors like this abt access etc.

one more suggestion which i can think of - once you have saved the file on desktop startup.easydms..right click and try to open it with EasyDmsStart.exe (this should be in your eDMS installation folder)..also what is the version of IE on your system?

%2e - i think this is how dot (.) is displayed in URL so no need to worry abt it..

Rgds

Anu

Edited by: Anubhav Mishra on Sep 4, 2009 11:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

Thanks Buddy, I appreciate your efforts that you had putted on my query.

As per your suggestion, i had opened this file using EasyDMSStart.exe and it has opened the file.

Almost my 95% requirement are cleared and credits goes to you.

but i need little more assistance from you.

1. Why System has not taken the EasyDmsStart.exe to launch the file by itself.

2. In order to use this links by USER, User PC must have easydms installed or it will work only with this EasyDMSStart.exe.

3. Secondly, it also open the Easy DMS Browser along with the File. Is it possible that the only link will get opened evenif EasyDMS is not installed on Users PCs

Regards,

S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using MIcrosoft Windows XP Professional version 2002 service pack 2.

and IE Version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158

Regards,

S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

I'm able to open the URL Link (or Saved files) from my Desktop. but not able to do it other user ID.

i had installed the Easy DMS in his Desktop and he has 'SAP_ALL' authorization.

but when he tried to open the same URL link/ File, system gave him the error 'Document doc/XXXXXXXXXX/000/00 does not exist'.

What could be the probable reason for this. Does it has any linkage to WS Application type 'htm' (transaction DC30) where 'Data Check off' Checkbox is set.

Regards,

S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

so url is working now? wht abt other user id..i cudnt get..are you using different R/3 users or is it windows user..if you get message that some DIR doesnt exist then it might be exist in reality (check in backend whether it is deleted )

rgds

anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

now it is woking fine..but still one my query was not resolved.

When i click on the link, system open the eDMS browser (where the file resides) as well as the file in IE.

If system is going to open the eDMS Browser then what is the purpose of having 'send URL' functionality separately. anyway he(user) is able to access the same file directly in eDMS.

have any idea...then let me know.

regards,

S Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

answers (best to my knowlede

1. you need to setup in windows - right click open with dialog - browse to this exe and check that this type of extension should be opened by this exe..once you setup this file will be opened by this exe..

2. yes - easydms is must as edms will only make the connection to backend and display the file..easydms start exe is to just initiate the easydms application

3. no the link / file will be opened inside edms folder browser only

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

once u click on the link - it will open in IE (BSP ) to get the file / link from the backend server . you may see the info from ie that whether you want to open the file or save it..so first link points to the server location from where you get the file..and now to open that file you need easydms. so finally it will open in edms

a crude example is like you get a link to mp3 file to any server..if you open that link - first it will open in ie - then if you chose to open the file - it will open the file in your default mp3 player

rgds

anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question pertains to the issue of the URL Link.

When creating the URL link and attaching it to an email, the user can access the file, however, if the file is changed in any way, i.e. edited, then the URL Link is no longer valid.

Why does this happen?

How can this be circumvented?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos